“Lovely lunch”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Brussels Belgium
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I ate lunch here with my wife and her godmother. We last ate here in 2007 for a Sunday lunch and whilst it was nice we weren't wildly enthusiastic, this time it was much better. As everyone has said, it's a beautiful restaurant, very nicely decorated. We took the 50euro lunch menu with wine - the wine was an extra 12euro for two glasses, though we also got a top-up. I have to say that the only thing I could fault was that for the starter of asparagus with Balotta ham only the asparagus stalks were served rather than the tips. Beyond that it was a lovely meal and I felt value for money. We will defintely return.

• Visited April 2014

Dorking, United Kingdom
“Unexpected treat”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Was taken here whilst attending a meeting at the elewijt centre, the building is beautiful & the service was very good. The food was lovely, starter was a fusion with poached salmon, risotto & a curried sauce. Main was steak small but nicely cooked with veggies, small portions but tends to be the way at this sort of restaurant. Desert was a lovely warm sponge with ice cream. Highly recommend if you're ever in the area. I would just say have no idea hoe expensive it is as I didn't pay and the restaurant was very quiet but it was a Wednesday evening.

• Visited March 2013
Mechelen, Belgium
“great”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were here with two guests, the environment is superb, very nice tables, a very beautiful restaurant. I felt just like I was at home, the hostess was very friendly, also the staff. They didn't disturb the guests, what I prefer, I don't like that people are disturbing al the time at the table.
The food was very good, nice products like lobster, lamb, cod and all the plates where different but just pictures.
I like this restaurant and I will come back.
Price / quality very correct.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank rita m
Europe
“Excellent food, nice building”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This restaurant is situated at the end of drive way on a busy road.. The old fashioned sign on the road does not match the beautifull house at the end of the drive way. . We have eaten here already a few times and there were some ups and downs in the past. The last meal we had however was very good. We went on an evening in the middle of the week, the restaurant was only filled for 1/3, only tables of 2 to 4 people so it was very quiet. The food tasted great, the plates were very well presented, lots of color, fresh ingredients, the kitchgen has a lot of attention for detail.
Only one thing missing: the service is not at the same level as the kitchen: the hostess could be a bit more attentive for her guests, the staff could be a bit more friendly.

• Visited February 2012
Leuven, Belgium
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I had been to this place before and while it was not always very consistent in its quality, it had been generally quite good. This time however it was different. Was it because it was a lunch, and our company was a bit late (arriving at 1:30p) ?
We all took the lunch menue. First, we could not escape the feeling that the kitchen had hastily assembled the needed ingredients and put the plates together. Moreover, when the dishes got to our table, they were only lukewarm. The quality of the ingredients was decent but nothing more than that. With the coffee at the end, chocolate easter egges were served, and it was obvious these hed been through a warm/cold cycle of sun/shade many times over.
Was this an off-day ? Not sure, but unless I'm invited, I won't be back to this place

• Visited April 2011