Westwood House Hotel
Carrick Plaza Suites by theKeyCollection(Carrick-on-Shannon)(Great Value!)
$100
The Landmark Hotel(Carrick-on-Shannon)
Bush Hotel(Carrick-on-Shannon)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewscity centrewedding receptionlovely hotelbar foodlast weekendstayed here for one nightfollowing morningreception areacooked breakfastfrom start to finishenjoyable staylovely roomboth nightsgalwayreceptionistirelandoutskirts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed in the Westwood a number of times, both with my husband and with my mother who is elderly. The service is excellent accommodating a room close to the lift for my mother. Clean comfortable rooms, attention to detail. Excellent food in evening when we arrived and top attention at breakfast. Warm, friendly, chatty staff who will do their best to accommodate your request. A gem of a hotel, with free parking, easy access to city centre. Highly recommended.

P.S. I haven't commented on the fitness centre/swimming pool as I was unable to avail of these during my stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GM1Galway, General Manager at Westwood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Emer D,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay here with us at The Westwood.

I was delighted to read how you enjoyed your stay, especially how we were able to cater for your Mother. Should you and your Mother return for another stay in Galway, please give us a call and I can assure you of the very best of care and attention once more.

Looking forward to seeing ye in the very near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights for business. The staff were always polite and friendly remembering us from day to day. The room was beautiful and spacious. It was cleaned every day to a high standard. We ate in both the restaurant and bar for evening meals and both were very enjoyable and a good price.
On our last day we got a text saying that our ferry was cancelled and we needed to get the 7:30am ferry from Dublin. The hotel refunded us a night and checked us into a dublin hotel so we could avoid a 3 hour drive at 4am, Donna on reception was excellent and always willing to help with a friendly smile too.
Thanks to all the staff, an excellent place to stay would recommend to everyone!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Natalou2,

Thankyou for your review of your recent stay here with us at The Westwood.

Your comments regarding our staff, food, our rooms, and in particular Donna in reception are very kind indeed and I have passed them on to all the team here. We would be delighted to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Once again many thanks.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here during the mid term break on a midweek package. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the food both in the bar and restaurant was great. Kids loved the free movies in the room, which were all recent releases too. Room was a great size, we had a camp bed and a travel cot and still loads of space to get around. Would highly recommend it and will definatly be staying again next time we are in Galway

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear DeniseM336,

Many thanks for your review of your recent midweek stay with us here at The Westwood.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed our hotel, in particular the food in both the restaurant and the bar, our spacious rooms, and our movies available for the kids.

We look forwad to welcoming you all back again in the very near future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Been to the Westwood lots of times now, both alone as a business traveler and with the full family. Just been again at Halloween. Service as always was flawless. Donna on reception is so lovely and helpful, Eoin in the restaurant is a gem. Food is and has always been amazing, absolutely no scrimping here, the portions are huge! Rooms are spacious and the beds are so comfy. Prices really reasonable, particularly the family package deals. Would heartily recommend it. Really central, handy for the city centre especially if you don't want the noise of the city centre - must say I've never heard any excess noise in the Westwood and we've stayed loads of times. Attention to detail is amazing, fruit, choccies and prosecco in the room, how lovely! Thanks to Dave and all the team for another fab stay in Westwood.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
GM1Galway, General Manager at Westwood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear JGarry,

Many thanks for your review of your Halloween Break here at The Westwood.

Such high praise is indeed a pleasure to read. Your comments in relation to everything in our hotel, from our staff to our food, our rates to our rooms and location are very kind and I have passed them on to all the team here, including Donna and Eoin.

Once again many thanks and I look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Enjoyed a great family break at the Westwood hotel. Very friendly staff, food was great and the kids had a super time with the movie pack that was part of the 2 nights and 1 dinner family mid term halloween package. We'll be

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Timo S,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us.

It looks to me like you might have submitted your comments before you had finished, however, from what I did read, it seems to me that you and your family enjoyed your time with us, in particular the Movie Pack for the kids.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing ye all back again very soon.