“Fourth time in a week, and First Class every time.”
Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Noss Mayo
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seaton Delaval, United Kingdom
“Fourth time in a week, and First Class every time.”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Had 2 lunches and 2 evening meals at the Ship, and every time the food has been superb and the service excellent. Going back again on Sunday night also. The waiters and waitresses work as a team, and are lead from the front by Lisa who is very hands on. The range of food on offer may be limited (same menu day and night) but the speed and the ways it's delivered cannot be argued with, alongside excellent flavours. Well done the Ship, keep it up. You knock the Swan into a cocked hat in every area.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Alan D

Poole, United Kingdom
“Superb meal and first class service. ”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

My family & I eat at The Ship Inn just 3 times a year whilst on holiday at our family cottage in the area. We always really look forward to it and our more recent visit this week did not disappoint. The seabass on seafood broth, served with mussels, clams, prawns and rice was absolutely divine - both myself and my 14 year old son enjoyed this dish. My youngest son email enjoyed tempura prawns as a starter and scampi as a main which, although a child's portion, was a full plate with lots of chips. My husband had the scampi also. Desserts of lemon posset, chocolate brownie, and chocolate fondant finished off a lovely evening. Service from the young but impeccably trained staff was excellent. I wish we lived closer as I'd dine here every week! The 'library' restaurant upstairs is so atmospheric, a fantastic place for families couples, friends alike.

2 Thank Isadora C
Paignton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not up to standard”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

My wife and I have eaten Here before many times when on shopping trips to Plymouth and have recomended it to many people. This time,unfortunatly, it was not as good as usual. We only wanted a light snack so my wife chose a starter which was excellant I chose a ploughmans. A good choice of cheese but that was all. A cut up tomato half a bunch of grapes and an apple.
The pickled onions tasted like chip shop onions and the tiny amount of coleslaw served in the same size container as the pickle could have been bought from the supermarket. For the price of nearly £9.00 there could be little more effort to make the plate more interesting i.e. home made coleslaw and at least a garnish. It could be that we were eating late afternoon but I had looked forward to this meal after shopping in the rain. The service as usual was first class the beer good and the sun shone for us so we could sit outside and eat enjoying the lovely scenery.

1 Thank Margaret A
London
“The completely brilliant package.”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Located in a most lovely situation on the River Yealm. Attractive outdoor seating area. Stylish interior. Very nice, young, helpful and efficient waiting staff. Good menu, well cooked and presented and generous portions. And Lisa, who owns the pub with her husband, Charlie, is always on the spot keeping an eye on everything - a real star. No wonder the place is usually busy with locals and visitors alike. Brilliant.

1 Thank JohnEdLondon
Salcombe, United Kingdom
“Perfect Again”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This Pub never lets you down, perfect setting , staff etc not to mention the food. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Richard S