“Nice but noisy”
Review of Walkers Arms Hotel

Walkers Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Walkerville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2012

A little out of the way as it is not near the city nor any other tourist attraction, but it was near where I wanted to be. The rooms were comfortable, clean and spacious enough. However the room was very noisy. It overlooked an outdoor entertainment area. At night, the drapes blocked the flickering lights of the television screens, but not the drone of the patrons and vibrating base of the music which continued into the early hours of the morning. Sleep was difficult.
The front desk was abandoned quite early so you had to navigate your way into the gaming room if you needed anything.
The restaurant was large and open, not quaint and cosy. Ambience was televisions and poker machine chings. However the food was good, though the buffet was a little bland. My main problem was that there was no hot breakfast available on the Sunday morning. You found yourself choosing between preordering a prepacked continental breakfast or heading bleary eyed to a cafe in nearby Melbourne Street. (The cafe where we dined was very good. Quick and friendly service. Plenty of character and the food was excellent - a counterpoint to our accommodation)

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Yoyodedaddy

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Accomodation looks great... No good if you intend on getting any sleep. The music and noise from people partying downstairs is so loud it's unbearable. Were booked in for 2 nights but will be leaving first thing in the morning. Highly disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank NosleepNic
Walkers_Arms_Hotel, Manager at Walkers Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Nosleep Nic,

We apologise that your stay was not a memorable one. We are a hotel that caters for all consumers wants and needs. We have ensured that our accommodation rooms have double glazed sound proofing windows to minimise the noise that may come from our live entertainment and cunstomer volume. Likewise we also complete decibel readings on a weekly basis to ensure sound levels do not exceed certain levels.

We appreciate your feedback and we're currently investigating other strategies to implement to ensure the level of noise is reduced. I can assure you that we strive as a business to accommodate all consumer wants and any feedback such as yours will effectively assist us in growing as a business in to the future.

Regards,

Walkers Arms Hotel

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Accommodation very nicely appointed. Would not like to try on a busy pub night but was great at the beginning of the week, as we did not experience late music or crowd noise. Some of my colleagues had some traffic noise, but not me as I was in the middle of the hotel. Food was good pub grub. Conference facilities need improving - not keen on instant coffee for a start. Room is actually a converted hotel room and not very big and is away from the kitchen for catering etc. Room does not hold many people and you are basically left to your own devices. Would rate conference facility as a 2 star. Otherwise great.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Came here for lunch with a group of friends expecting the 'usual' pub fare. Got the chicken breast 'wrapped in proschuitto' and it was the most underwhelming, small meal that I've ate in a long time. Chicken was dry and was the size of a thigh, proschuitto was literally 1cm wide and cooked until hard. Can hardly justify the $25 spent. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Austfreddo
Reviewed February 24, 2012

After reading all the reviews and seeing it come up on wotif - the thought was why not give it a a go. There in lies my first mistake in not reading the fine print. I do a lot of travel overseas and here in Adelaide and as you can see from my reviews they range from 3 to 5 star. This is the first hotel that has put a hold of $200 on my debit card. I was told this was because of the problems they had previously encountered with other guests. If this is the case then maybe the hotel needs to be more selective in its clientele. The rooms were some of the best I have encountered. The smorgasbord a delight. The lights flashing into the room from the sign outside the hotel could perhaps be toned down a little as could the doof doof music and the way this hotel is promoted. I suppose this is not an Intercontinental or The Stamford Grand but it could be if it was promoted that way. I am not being a hotel snob - I just think that its a couple of steps above a local pub.

Room Tip: Choose a room not overlooking the beer garden in possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Since reviewing this hotel originally I have stayed there on another 2 or 3 occasions. I was surprised to read the poor reviews posted on this site, so this time I arrived with a very open and critical mindset. I arrived quite late. My plane was late and by the time I got there the front counter was closed. I was directed to the gaming floor. The young lady there had all my details and I was pleasantly surprised that check in took less than a couple of minutes. My room was superb, as I has expected. Very clean and wonderfully appointed. I enjoyed the buffet meal which offered fantastic quality at very respectable price. The accommodation, food, ambience and the demeanour of all the staff was first rate. I rate this hotel as a gem. There are better hotels, but very few, if an, offer better accommodation, food, service and friendly and helpful staff. As a person who gravels for business I get to stay in a mix of places and I rate this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: On a Friday night ask for a room away from the entertainment area, or join in.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We stayed at the Walker's Arms last night for a wedding anniversary. I read all of the reviews and noted the noise level as a major issue. Well, for a warm, Tuesday night on busy NE Road, this was one of the quietest rooms we've ever stayed in. Maybe we were lucky but the clean, modern room was silent. I couldn't fault the accommodation, the buffet was excellent and the beer garden very open and inviting. Maybe weekends might be noisier (ask for room nine or ten if staying deluxe) but for our experience, all was fine.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms - book 9 or 10
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walkerville
Art Series - The Watson
#1 of 3 in Enfield
Adelaide's Levi Park
Adelaide's Levi Park
#1 of 1 in Walkerville

Been to Walkers Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!