“great fun! great food!”

Bar J Chuckwagon Supper & Western Music Show
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We visited the Bar J in August - our 2 teenage girls were lukewarm on the idea, but ended up having a blast! The food was delicious - between us we had ribs, steak, and chicken. I loved the spice cake and applesauce. The show was a great mix of humor and music. The music and its supporting sound system were outstanding! We had a wonderful family evening!

1  Thank Donna H

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I went to Bar J Chuckwagon in August 2013 and what a great experience! The food was delicious - we had the steak. The dinner process was so organized too for so many people! Then the show was just amazing! The guys had such great voices and so entertaining - such nice, family oriented men that you could tell loved their country and God!! So glad someone suggested BarJ to us - would not have wanted to miss it!!

1  Thank PattyJo324
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a really fun night here. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, since western music is not really my thing. But I can recognize exceptional talent, and these guys are fantastic showmen and musicians. I was surprised when I checked the time at the end of the show and realized that they had played for almost 90 minutes. The show never dragged and I enjoyed it very much. The dinner prior to the show was better than I expected, considering they are serving several hundred people. This is a great attraction if you are looking for something to get you in the "western" mood.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been going to this since 1980, and it is almost the very same - good food, good entertainment, fun family time.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

A business owned by the same family for several generations. We took a city bus and walked several blocks to get there. Were welcomed by the host and transferred to wagons for about a mile long road beside a lovely, scenic creek. We were entertained by cowboys and Indians riding around us along the way. The food was meant to be typical chuck wagon fare with barbeque, baked beans, salad, corn on the cob, bread, lemonade and brownies. The music was typical cowboy songs. The "fiddle" player was exceptional and the jokes were a little corny but cute. There was audience participation which everone seemed to enjoy. Nice evening. Kids would love it. The owners even drove us back to our hotel in their own vehicles because it was so long a walk back to the bus and we were a rather elderly group. Couldn't have been nicer.

1  Thank Laura W