“JH Experience ”

Jackson Hole Shooting Experience
Ranked #1 of 11 Fun & Games in Jackson Hole
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer year-round outdoor premier luxury shooting instruction and experiences for both novice & experienced shooters by appointment. We have rifles, pistols, shotguns and archery and provide all of the needed safety equipment and ammunition along with a world class instruction!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

This was the best event we had this vacation. Gloria made it an experience we will not forget... The bow shooting the knife and hatchet throwing was amazing... Our kids were in awe of Gloria for her energy and excitement. We can't say enough about this... Take your kids and yourself here you will have a blast... Loved it!!!

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2016

Isn't Gloria awesome! We love her!

She puts so much energy and joy into her craft, and it does shine through! She actually practices archery extensively, and lives what she preaches in her blog, Hunt Jackson Hole.

We are thrilled that you and your kiddos had a great time with her enjoying bows, knives and other primitive weapons in Wyoming! Please come see us again!

Thanks also for taking the time to write a review, it really does mean a lot to us! :) See you next time for more archery fun or maybe a Multi-Gun Rifle and pistol Experience!

All reviews
"safe environment"
in 9 reviews
"learning how"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
"pun intended"
"self defense"
"gun club"
"ear protection"
"hand guns"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 13, 2016

I had never shot a weapon before today, and had an amazing experience sampling almost twenty different guns -- handguns, rifles, and a shotgun. Andy was an amazing instructor, talking us through the safety briefing and how to use each weapon. Shooting at the various targets was lots of fun, and my wife and I both came away with souvenir cartridges as proof that we hit targets at 500 yards! I highly recommend spending a few hours with JH Shooting Experience.

Andy rocks! I am so happy that you got to spend time with him! He is not only a great shot and very knowledgeable in technical aspects, we call him "Mr. Techni-Cool" but he also loves sharing his knowledge with others.

I am happy that you got to shoot so many different guns, it sure is a blast, isn't it!? We very much appreciate that you took the time to write a Trip Advisor review, it means a lot to us!!!

Please come back and shoot with us again, and try out even more guns! Fun, fun fun!!! :)

Shepard Humphries, Owner

Reviewed July 12, 2016

My wife and I and our 22-year old twins did the multi-gun experience with Shepard Humphries. Our only prior experience, collectively, was a little shotgunning; and my wife and I had done some .22 long rifle years ago at summer camp.

Shepard met us in the parking lot with ear and eye protection and within 5 minutes we had determined my dominant eye, and I was taking my first shot on the range.

Shepard is an outstanding instructor, fun, and extremely knowledgable about gun design and history -- making the experience very educational as well.

The menu of guns is astounding so, being beginners, Shepard selected a representative range of pistols and rifles with various sights and actions. We all shot each of them, many shots, discussing pros and cons along the way. Suffice it to say that Shepard is not a member of the Glock fan club! There was a timed, intra-family competition. At the end we chose any gun from the quiver to try. I selected a Remington 700 and, shooting lefty, I hit a 14" target at 600yds. Really cool.

I would definitely do this again. We had almost no shooting experience and we all had a blast (yes pun intended). If you have some shooting experience, this program will allow you to take it up many levels.

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with our future first-time shooters!

I didn't realize I said anything negative about the G-word gun? It wasn't the "tactical Tupperware" comment was it? Maybe when I apologized for it jamming? Maybe when I discussed the plastic-feel compared to real handguns? Opps, I must have let it slip! lol :)

Thanks for coming out to play with me, I look forward to shooting with you again, and we will have more fun! :)

Shepard "GlockMan" Humphries, Owner

Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

I went with my family and there was 12 of us. We had a great time 10/10. Our 4 instructors were very good at teaching us and showed us a great time.

Thanks so much for coming out to shoot! We are thrilled that you had a great time, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Your group was fun to shoot with, thanks for sharing your time with us and we are pleased that we delivered a 10/10 experience to you!!! :)

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2016

I recently visited Jackson Hole Shooting Experience with some family and friends. We were lucky enough to have incredible instruction, teaching us the safety that is paramount when it comes to firearms. We shot everything from high caliber rifles to smaller pistols and enjoyed every shot. The friendly and professional instruction added to the experience, pushing us to advance our technique and ability while making sure we all had fun.

JS Shooting experience was great for the mixed group of twenty to sixty year old men and women that we went with. I would absolutely recommend Jackson Hole Shooting Experience to any who are interested in having an amazing experience while also learning the all important safety and respect of firearms.