“More fun than you can imagine!”

Jackson Hole Shooting Experience
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Jackson Hole
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer year-round outdoor premier luxury shooting instruction and experiences for both novice & experienced shooters by appointment. We have rifles, pistols, shotguns and archery and provide all of the needed safety equipment and ammunition along with a world class instruction!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
West MI
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“More fun than you can imagine!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had a group of 30 visit Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, and it turned out to be the best event of the week! They broke us down into 3 groups and took us through the 3 circuits (pistol/ trap/ and rifle). We had from 1st time shooters to those who were experienced. They took plenty of time with the new shooters to make them very comfortable and allowed the experienced shooters to move through the guns as quickly as they wanted. I got to shoot guns I would never get a chance to shoot...Desert Eagle, S/W .500, AR's AK's, and even a .50 Cal sniper rifle!

The instructors were fantastic and adapted to the level of the shooters. By the end of the day, even ladies who hadn't shot before were having fun with the AR's.

If you are visiting Jackson Hole as an individual, family, or group....the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience should be FIRST on your list of things to do!

1 Thank diverWestMI
ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
A big thanks to your group for coming out to shoot with us! I absolutely love your comment, "the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience should be FIRST on your list of things to do" and think you might have earned an authorship credit in our future marketing! ;-)

I really do enjoy having shooters of different skill levels learning side by side. I recall one group that included a mom in her 60's that had never touched a gun and a son that had just returned from the Middle East where he worked as a .50 Caliber Machine Gunner for several tours. Making the training relevant to both extremes is a big challenge and oh so much fun!

I am glad you had a great time, and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review! It means SO much to me and our small business! I look forward to seeing you on future trips!

Shepard "Doc" Humphries
The Jackson Hole Shooting Experience should be FIRST on your list of things to do! :)

Endicott
“You have to come here.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Absolutely the most fun I have ever had. We went on a family vacation, and our friends said they were planning a surprise for us... And this place was it. They nailed it. The instructors were not only informative but SO friendly and fun to be around, and so encouraging. None of the 7 of us have ever shot a gun... By the end we shot military grade weapons. Absolutely an amazing experience. I highly suggest.

Visited June 2014
ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Yay! I am glad we could help your friends show you a great time! There is almost a "relaxing" quality to shooting, while also fun and exciting!

I hope your visit with us was the first of many, thanks so much for spending your valuable time with us!

Shepard Humphries
Owner, A Top-5 International Instructor, ILESEA
“The most memorable thing we've ever done on vacation!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Our family (all adults) had the most amazing day with Lynn & Andy learning how to shoot and we had so much fun doing it! There was an extensive collection of guns to learn and try from the .22s to that massive BMG. There were 7 of us in our group and we all got to experience the whole arsenal. It was seriously the most fun thing we've ever done on a vacation, ever. The instructors are very passionate about what they do and were so excited for us to experience all the fun. Andy had all the history of the guns and Lynn was such a patient teacher. Her excitement about shooting was absolutely contagious. She got my mom (who was more than a little nervous at the beginning) so into it that she now wants an AR15 for Christmas! We would come back in a heartbeat the next time we vacation out here.

ShootInJH, Guest Relations Manager at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for such a great review. I am so glad that you and your family were able to come out and shoot with us while you were here in Jackson.

Lynn and I both had a great time shooting with all of you. We were especially pleased that your mom had so much fun! We could tell she was quite nervous when we started but she picked it up quickly and seamed to be having a great time.

So glad you all shot so well and had so much fun. Hope you keep on shooting and really get into it, it really is a fun sport/hobby to have, and always good time for family to spend together. Hope to see you next time your in Jackson.

Thanks again! -Andy Ward
“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to shoot. Our instructor was really nice, informative, and polite. They let us try whatever gun we wanted, and explained some history about them and what round they were shooting.

Visited June 2014
ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thanks for your review, I really appreciate you taking the time!

Of course, I also thank you for coming out to shoot! We continue to add new guns, and our instructors keep honing their skills ... so more awesomeness is headed your way! :)

We look forward to your next visit, and thanks again! - Shepard Humphries
“This was a blast, an experience not soon forgot.”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

This was an amazing experience. We were visiting jackson for my fathers 72 birthday and wanted to do something special and this definitely fit the bill. Our personal instructors name was Andy he was very knowledgeable about all things history and shooting related. Two of our party were experienced with firearms and two were not but that was no problem Andy made sure that they were up to speed on the proper safety and shooting methods. They even had my father shooting a full auto mp5 suppressed which was fantastic and a 50cal rifle, both were experiences not to be missed. I would highly recommend JHSC to anyone. Even my mother had a great time and she is not exactly the firearms type. We defiantly and counting this as one of the trip highlights.

Visited June 2014
ShootInJH, Guest Relations Manager at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you all so much for writing such a great review. I had a wonderful time shooting with you. I was really glad to be a part of your father's birthday fun and to also be a part of your mother starting to have fun with guns.

Glad you all got to experience the MP5 and our big 50BMG, they really are something you don't want to miss! I hope the rest of your trip goes really well and that you all will get a chance to come visit Wyoming and shoot with us again soon. -Andy Ward