“Exhilarating Day of Shooting!”

Jackson Hole Shooting Experience
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Jackson Hole
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer year-round outdoor premier luxury shooting instruction and experiences for both novice & experienced shooters by appointment. We have rifles, pistols, shotguns and archery and provide all of the needed safety equipment and ammunition along with a world class instruction!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Shepard, our shooting instructor, met us at in the parking lot with ear protectors and made us feel welcome and comfortable from the moment we arrived. Gun safety was top priority as two of the three of us had no prior shooting experience. We had requested an introduction to handguns and Shepard allowed us to try a variety of different ones throughout our lesson. Shep was a fun, but highly professional and we loved our day of shooting at JHGC.

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

You three were a pleasure! I look forward to visiting Nashville this winter for a private NRA Basic Pistol class for you and your friends ... and their friends! :) I have been researching Tennessee laws and think I should be able to get my certifications in time for a 2014 class.

Back to Wyoming! :) Y'all were great, I loved seeing that while you began at different levels, you all progressed and became more proficient ... and all of you would be able to pick up any pistol and determine if it was loaded and how to make it safe!

Thanks again for spending your time with me and for writing a kind review! :) -Shepard Humphries

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've always wanted to shoot some high powered, long range rifles, but have never had the opportunity. Shepard had any gun you could think of at my disposal, and didn't just let me shoot them, but really helped me sharpen my skills at long distances. I would recommend these guys to any shooter, of any skill level, who is just looking to have a great time, or to get serious and to improve their abilities. In my opinion, you just couldn't learn from someone more knowledgable, experienced, or friendly.
Thanks Shepard!

Christopher Nelson

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Christopher, thanks so much for coming out to shoot with me ... TWICE!

When your Jackson Hole host mentioned your status in the art world, I could never have imagined how down to earth, kind and personable you would be. Thanks for being great fun to shoot with! You are a big reason we are preparing for an additional package offering next summer, a day of long range shooting, with some targets being 1 mile away! I think you will love it!

Thanks also for creating such wonderful art, I looked at your webpage and am now a BIG Christopher Owen Nelson Fine Art fan!!! I look forward to seeing you again and to again having a blast with you!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

An incredible experience for a couple of rookie marksmen. We learned a lot about shooting and various guns and our instructor Shep was simply the best - knowledgable, caring and kind. A total professional. I cannot recommend this experience enough.

Thanks so much for "bragging on me!" it is a fun thing to do while visiting Jackson Hole, isn't it? :)

We are considering adding a 1-day long range rifle experience in 2014 in which you will have the opportunity to hit targets out to 1 mile! it will be more slowly paced than our MultGun Experiences, and will have fewer shots ... and holy cow: 1 mile! :)

Thanks again and thanks for writing a nice review!!!!
-Shepard Humphries, Top 25 Shooting Instructor

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our Jackson Hole Shooting Experience was one of the highlights of an incredible week spent in Jackson Hole. My father had very little shooting experience, my brother and I none at all so we arrived excited but also nervous. Shepard was our instructor and did an incredible job of explaining everything in a way that made us sure that safety was a top priority while still being remarkably personable and getting us excited to shoot. He had each of us explain the mechanics of the first rifle we used to the next one to shoot, a great technique to speed up our comprehension. After a few shots Shepard realized that I was a left-eyed shooter and had me switch, something I would never have figured out on my own as a righty, but it made all the difference. We got to shoot a huge variety of rifles and handguns, do a speed shooting test, and even had the option to shoot a sniper rifle or machine gun. With each gun Shepard gave great advice and tips so that we all managed to be very successful with each one. He had eye and ear protection, beverages and snacks all ready for us so that the only thing we had to worry about doing was sighting and shooting. Shepard had great recommendations for which guns we should use when there were options, and was very flexible-I didn't want to shoot the rifles with a big kick and my father preferred a handgun that was more precise. We both had great results with the guns Shepard picked based on those requests. He was knowledgeable about the history of all of the types of guns as well as the activities of locals using the range-one man was prepping for a sheep hunt in Alaska and another was testing ammunition spreads. He seemed to be enjoying himself too which made it that much more fun for the rest of us since everyone was having a good time. We would all definitely recommend this for anyone visiting Jackson Hole (provided they don't have a fear of loud noises-our mother, who jumps and squeals at explosions in the movies did not make the cut for this excursion). I feel like we all gained a greater respect and understanding of proper gun handling, as well as just how powerful these weapons are. We left far better educated about guns than we were when we arrived, and best of all we did that while having a ton of fun!

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thanks for your awesome review. Your willingness to take the time to go into detail is very helpful to those that are researching whether our activity is too much fun for their group or whether they ready and willing to have a blast! :)

It was fun for us shooting with you, and in the future when our grand dream of a huge facility that allows for more private experiences is realized, I promise your mom will also have a great time! Stay tuned as we make this happen ... hopefully by 2019. We look forward to seeing you before then as well, and please do stay in touch!

Thanks again for being part of the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience! -Shepard Humphries

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Initially I was very hesitant out the idea of shooting a gun, especially coming from New York City. However, I could not pass up this chance for my 17 year old son who has been deeply passionate about American history and weaponry for years.
Our instructor, Andy, started the course with eye and ear protection and detailed safety information regarding the proper way to hold and handle guns. A superb, patient, and good humored teacher , Andy instructed us on the proper technique for holding and using each rifle and pistol to not only avoid injury but to also have the best accuracy when hitting a target. Hitting the targets (or trying to) was amazingly fun! The 3 hours went by very quickly. There are drinks in a cooler and snacks for anyone who is thirsty or hungry.
My boys brought home a bunch on their spent bullet casings home as souvenirs. I will not be doing this at all in NYC where the mentality about guns is very different, but I would definitely come back to the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience to do this again.

1  Thank Diana S
ShootInJH, Manager at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Diana
Thank you for putting aside the apprehensive thoughts and giving it a go with us. I had a great time instructing you and your sons.

It was really great to be able to give some real world experience to your son after seeing how passionate he was about the history of the different firearms. He reminded me a bit of myself and how much I enjoy not only the various shooting sports but also the rich history behind many of the firearms we shoot.

Glad you were able to join us for a fun and safe afternoon at the range. Hope to see you all again next time you make it out to Jackson!!

Thanks again! -Andy