“The 5 Outlaws”

Jackson Hole Shooting Experience
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Jackson Hole
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer year-round outdoor premier luxury shooting instruction and experiences for both novice & experienced shooters by appointment. We have rifles, pistols, shotguns and archery and provide all of the needed safety equipment and ammunition along with a world class instruction!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Shep Humphries is an outstanding host and teacher. My family and I had an absoulute blast. Shot in 15 degrees below zero and still had a hoot. My one comment is that it is a little expensive. I think if the fee was lower, you would have more clients.....either way, well worth it..

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thanks for coming out to shoot! It WAS a chilly one, wasn't it!? :) Thanks also for choosing to shoot with us, I recognize that there are many cheaper places to shoot throughout the country, and I am very appreciative that you saw the value in our shooting experience and took the plunge! I look forward to shooting with you all again in the future!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I live in Jackson and have been to our local shooting range on multiple occasions. The two hour lesson I had with Shepard of JH Shooting Experience, however, was far and away the most fun I have ever had there. Shepard was safety-conscious, supportive, instructive, professional and good-humored. He gave me a lot of valuable tips to improve my shooting and my comfort level with my rifle. My lesson far exceeded my expectations! I wish I had done this years ago and will most definitely treat myself to another lesson with Shepard. You should treat yourself, too!

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thanks for coming out to shoot! I am especially honored that you were referred by author Ted Kerasote, and am pleased that you found the experience to be beneficial. You were a pleasure to shoot with and I applaud you for making real effort to improve your skills and as a result be a more responsible hunter! I am always saddened when I see someone sit at a nice shooting bench and make 2 out of three shots at 200 yards and proclaim, "Good enough." You on the other hand practice in different positions, under stress etc ... and are much better prepared! Way to go!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We had an amazing time. The "we" is me, my wife, and two sons. The instruction is great. Incredibly well thought out to build confidence and ability. Everything was positive and frankly the color commentary was so funny it was made everyone at ease. The hardware we got to use was a once in a lifetime array of historically significant firearms to the latest and greatest o today. I cannot rate this high enough. We have had an awesome time in the Jackson area but this is the cherry on the sundae.

Thanks SO much for coming out and playing in the cold with us! It was wonderful to see each of you progress in your skills and I look forward to shooting with you all again on your next trip out to Jackson Hole!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had a great time shooting with Colt. He was a had a great fund of knowledge and very humble about his accomplishments. My wife who had never picked up a gun shot a target from 600 yards away. I was literally "blown away". Will return again when we are in the area.

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

I am so glad that you got to enjoy Colt. Having a former state champion shooter to privately introduce you to the joys of shooting makes for a great day! While he at first appears to be such a large muscular man, almost like one that would belong in a 1950's cigarette commercial, his western drawl and kind smile certainly do make one feel relaxed and special. I am sorry about the episode you saw a few shooting benches away and am glad that you and Colt handled it as you did ...

Thanks for sending us the pictures, I forwarded them to Colt, whom also sends his thanks!

Please come visit us again! :)

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Never fired a weapon before, coming from the New York area, so it was with a mix of trepidation and adventure that I signed up for a shooting experience. Rest assured, you will be in good hands. Shephard is the ideal instructor for the first timer. You are given clear instructions with safety always in mind and a dose of good humor that sets you at ease. With that in mind: expect to feel unmitigated joy as you slam the next clip in, squeeze the trigger, and hear the "ping" against the target.

1  Thank Ubiquitouswaste

Living in New York makes it a challenge to enjoy sport shooting, and I am glad you had the opportunity to visit us and that I was able to offer the introduction. It really is fun to shoot at reactive targets, isn't it?! The instant gratification that acknowledges a well placed shot is very rewarding. Thanks for being fun to shoot with! :)

We look forward to shooting with you when you next visit the Tetons, and if you decide to start buying guns of your own and want any advice, just shoot an email to me!