“Splash Island not bad...thank you.”
Review of Splash Island

Splash Island
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My son and his family (kids 1.5 and 4 yrs old) and wife came to visit. Although, they find several things and place on the down low, but still they keep coming and enjoying the upside of this globe. It could have been more fun in the Philippines if the government enforces the cleanliness not only in Manila but all over the island.

On 28 April 2012, I decided to bring my son and family to Splash Island. I called and made reservation for one of the hut or cabana and was told that we have to come before 0900 to get it. I also texted about the promo of 50 percent but did not get any respond.

We rented an Avansa Taxi (2K for the day) from QC and had him to wait. We arrived at 1100 hrs and lost the cabana or hut reservation althought I texted and let them know that I will be late. I received a respond to look for J...(forgot the name. I found the lady (coordinator) but told that she was not informed about the reservation and that all the cabana and hut are already occupied. Then, I asked about the balik bayan promo and was told that we needed to show our passports to avail it. I explained to her that I was not told what to bring and no respond on the text when I inquired it. I can tell the little lady was stressing due to the amount of people either complaining or inquiring. Oh yeah, that is a summer so the place is pack of people. Anyhow, she gave us a discount...350 each and free for the two kids.

Since, we lost the cabana reservation, the coordinator lady escorted us to find an area for us five (after waiting for 20 minutes for assisting for more people). No place to be found, so she asked some staff to bring a long table and five chairs right in front of the first aid building and there we are able to sit down and relax a bit before hitting the water. We didn't stay long since it was just too many people and couldn't really enjoy it. Nevertheless, the place is great and the coordinator staff went out of her way to assist us.

After reading the review of Club Manila, I realized how lucky we were being in the Splash Island located in the open with tramillions of people. Even we are able to rented a box for our valuable items, we still have to bring our cell phones and camera to our table for immediate and emergency use. NO ONE touch our belongings and we didn't lost anything unlike Club Manila ( so sad).

Anyhow, thank you Splash Island for continuing providing assistance and security to the fullest of your time and surroundings.

2  Thank TravelersQuezonCity
"sliders"
"waves"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed April 25, 2012

we arrived at this place in a tricycle since its the only mode of transportation if you don't own a car. Food and drinks are not allowed so better bring lots of cash since the cost of food inside is little bit higher. The souvenir shop though is reasonable. For P500 fee you can enjoy the pools for free, should you want other activities such as zip line there is a separate fee. The amenities are fine but gosh the shower room is uncomfortable, 4 ladies showers in pole without cubicle, hook or shelf to put your soap or things.

2  Thank Geraldine D
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Compared to water parks in other countries, Splash Island would be a joke. But for this region, it is one of the best. The young kids had a great time, as did the 20-somethings in our group, but the clock became our enemy. It is unfathomable to me that a water park that is open from 8AM to 5PM would not also have all rides available for use during all (or at least most) of the operating hours. Splash Island, however, choses to open certain rides in specific windows that if you don't watch the clock, you will miss. For example, one slide was open 1030-1200 then again from 3:30-4:30. That is 2 1/2 hours of availability in the 9 hours the park is open! Furthermore, that particular slide had 3 chutes available to go down, but the park only had one open the first period, then another single chute available the next opening period. Amazing.... And this was not just because of the day we went, which was a weekday. This is their policy even on the busiest of days. I can't imagine the chaos and lines at rides on Sundays or holidays. Would you even make it down the ride one time in the one hour opening period?
We also took advantage of a package ticket available through Ensogo which included a meal, but that meal was so small even our 6 year old was still hungry after. And because the rides are only open in small windows of time, we missed the last opportunity for one ride because we were eating.
We rented an 18 passenger van for this outing, but the van had no shaded parking. My advice would be to get there very early (like before 7AM) and get one of the very limited shaded parking spaces for your vehicle. Bring food and drinks and take a break from the park and eat a good meal outside. But watch the clock....or you will miss something!

4  Thank TheCamelYouRodeInOn
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My son wanted to treat his friend for his 10th Birthday. Splash Island was what he wanted. Discounts on the entrance fee were given upon presentation of your Passport (balikbayan perk). Bathrooms / Shower area was a nightmare (clogged drains, door locks were broken, sinks had cracked tiles... showed no maintenance from the management). The food offered by some of the concessionaires were served cold. On a saturday, construction work was being done! (imagine the annoying sound of the grinder and welding as you nap in their cottages for rent). I approached one of the workers and asked if this was really necessary (its a Peak Day, for crying out loud!) & he replied Ütos ng may-ari eh".... Their airconditioned cottages looked really depressing (small, dingy looking box) - it could do with a fresh coat of paint.

7  Thank NorthStarManila