Paradice Motel
Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$139
Americana Tahoe
$125
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$129
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$126
3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$73
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$177
$157
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$199
$164
  • Pool
Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$189
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
$459
Official Website
All reviewsthe location is perfectthe main dragdefinitely stay here againmeitahoegondolaofficemicrowaveskiingheatershore
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Loved our stay. Past SLT stays in rooms of the same price have been miserable - tissue towels, leaky ceilings, paper thin walls etc. This place was nothing like that. Our room was spacious, toasty warm, comfortable, quiet and it came with lots of fun freebies. It also has a fantastic location - right across from the Gondola. It's a short walk to shops, restaurants and skiing. Best of all are the owners - super friendly. They helped us with tips on where to go and what to do. They do a wonderful job of making their guests feel right at home.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank mharigold
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Over the last few years, my husband and I travel to Tahoe 2-3x/year. Without any hesitation, we always choose to stay at Paradice for several reasons: the wonderfully welcoming owners, the convenient location, and the clean, cozy, comfortable rooms. No matter the season of your visit, Kathy, Uwe and Ty will always have recommendations on activities, food, and everything else to maximize your stay. We always feel like we're just another member of the family visiting. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I don't think we've stayed in a single "bad" room yet!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoyceAmbrosia
Thurman34, Owner at Paradice Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Cheers to you guys!! So nice to see you again its like having our kids come home for a visit! Thank you for the info for Ty. Till the next time all our Aloha, Kathy

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Decided to head up to South Lake at the last minute and needed a room. I found the paradice on a discount hotel website. I noticed the check-in policy was 1-10pm only so I called before I booked to make sure I could have a late check-in. Not only did the nice man on the phone book my reservation for me, he gave me the discounted rate I had found online AND offered to leave my room unlocked with the key on the table, the light on and the heat running. Really? Do people still use the honor system?
Driving up I was a little nervous that I wouldn't have a room waiting for me as promised but... sure enough, it was ready, warm and welcoming as promised. The next morning we went into the office to actually check in. The nicest people in the world are running this place. They were so happy to hear we made it in safe and slept well... they told us all about the new pizza place across the street and wanted to know what we were up to for the day.... so nice. We stayed two nights, slept like a baby, made new friends and now have a new place to stay when we decide to drive up on a moments notice. This place is clean, updated, ran by good people and very much a deal compared to the other overpriced roach motels that call themselves new or updated.

Room Tip: Room 24 is in the corner and very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hms4uk

Thank you for your kind words we try to make our guest experience here at the Paradice Motel and in South Lake as pleasant as possible. We look forward to the next get away weekend and will always have a room waiting for you! Kathy

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here over New Year and couldn't have been more pleased. Our satisfaction started even before we arrived. I read on another review that there was no hairdryer in the room, so I emailed the motel asking whether I should bring my own. I received a very speedy response back from the owner, Kathy, saying she’d make sure there would be one in our room on arrival. At that point, and as we would be staying during a very busy time in the resort, she also recommended restaurant reservations and after taking the time to find out what kind of ‘foodies’ we were, she made recommendations and reservations on our behalf. What service!

We booked a 2x Queen room and the added bonus for us, especially as we were travelling with our six-year-old son, was that we had two separate bedrooms! Everything was nice and clean and there was lots of space for the three of us, including 2x great hanging spaces with shelving over. The bathroom was a decent size too with a shower/tub combo, although the shower head was very low, even for us, and we’re only 5’2 and 5’8!!

We made use of both the fridge and microwave in our room and I was relieved that, as the fridge was in our bedroom, it didn’t rattle and hum all night and keep me awake like some other rooms I’ve been in. The heating worked great too, despite the cold temperatures outside. Maybe one of the nicest touches for this motel was all little gifts that were left in our room. From Tom’s of Maine products, to bottles of Perrier for us and juice boxes for our son, Hershey’s kisses, and fresh fruit. The room was serviced every day and there was always something to welcome us back to our room. We also were grateful for the wine glasses provided! The Internet wasn’t speedy but it was free, and we missed having coffee in our room, but Starbucks was a short walk away.

The Paradice Motel is in a great location. Even though it is just off the main road through South Lake Tahoe, it was always quiet yet within easy walking distance to great restaurants, Raley’s supermarket, shops, and the Heavenly gondola, along with the ski school and lift ticket locations. What the Paradice Motel might lack in amenities it certainly makes up for with exceptional service from the friendly owners and staff and the location. We’d return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to spend part of your Holidays with us. It was nice to be able to use your Vail season pass at Heavenly. Glad to hear you enjoyed some of Tahoe's best restaurants and getting a jump on the reservations worked out well. Aloha, Kathy

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This great motel has a perfect location. We stayed here from december 26th to december 30th and we didn't realize that it was situated just walking distance from the lake and the village, where there is a lot of entertainment, from restaurants, amc theater to gondola's that will bring you on top of the mountain. The motel is clean and comfy, with every night some treats for my daughter and us. The owner Kathy and her family are a great host, making us feel welcome and at home during our entire stay. Her son Ty and Kathy helped us with booking of Snowmobile and provide us with information about activities we can do in the area.
All in all, South Lake Tahoe was the best part our entire vacation, with lot of snow and nice people and this will be something we will never forget. Thanks again Kathy and family for making our stay so nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RR_Aruba
Thurman34, Owner at Paradice Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

What a perfect winter vacation fresh snow, snowmobiling, a day up at Heavenly and great dinners. I love that Sofi could'nt get enough of the snow and didn't want to leave she'll have great memories to take back to Aruba. We will follow you on Twitter and see where your next travels takes you to. Kathy