“Breath taking Adventure & Beauty!!!”

Lake Tahoe Balloons
Ranked #7 of 25 Tours in South Lake Tahoe
More attraction details
Owner description: Lake Tahoe Balloons proudly presents one of the most beautiful and unique hot air balloon adventures in the world. Inflate, launch and land on the world's only U.S.C.G. certified aircraft carrier vessel for hot air balloons. Operates approximately May thru October, seven days a week, weather permitting. Early morning departures. Includes continental breakfast, boat cruise, approximately a one hour flight, traditional champagne toast and souvenir. Reservations required.
Argyle, Texas
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Breath taking Adventure & Beauty!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Once in a lifetime adventure to go on a hot air balloon but not just a hot air balloon. A hot air balloon that takes off & lands on a boat. Amazing!!! The crew were all so nice & professional! We went out on a frosty morning & the boat captain Harley was so kind & helped us down the frosty deck to the boat. Harley is very funny also. They had a great little breakfast with coffee & hot cocoa to start things off. Then we had a nice little ride on an odd looking boat that was made just for the balloon. The balloon captain, Mark was funny also & knowledgable about the area as you had such amazing views that he took us up to 4,000 ft. Another great thing was that after we had flown/floated for a little bit, Mark took us back to the boat & let us give the crew our cameras to get pictures of us as we took off again. Great photos & great experience! Then on the ride back we had a toast & balloonist prayer. Then Mark & Harley were so kind & informative with information & questions about the balloon & it's history. To end the great time we got pretty champagne glasses with the balloonist prayer & their company's name on it. Loved the experience, views & crew! Best way to see Lake Tahoe!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 1natureseeker

riyadh
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places to visit.The lake is so pretty and has four different shades of blue and is so calm and clear The shallow part of the lake is light blue while the deepest is deep blue with two different shades of blue in between depending on the depth of the water and the amazing part is, it is 98% clean water.It is surrounded by beautiful mountains and during summer it is the best time to explore.There are many things to do there including boat rides,hiking,taking a ride in the gondolas,shopping,para sailing or simply lazing by the beach.These are just a few things to keep yourself busy there.The gondola ride should not be missed,one can get a beautiful view of the lake and the surrounding area from the observation deck above.This is a place worth seeing.

Dallas, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Beautifully orchestrated balloon ride (and fun!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a group of 7 first-time ballooners, and this was the highlight of the trip! The Skipper and the Pilot Mark were amazing together, you could feel the energy. Loved the champagne toast at the end, and the balloonists prayer. Great people, and a once-in-a-lifetime experience! You must do it, even if you are afraid of heights. Our group had 3 people who were apprehensive due to fear of heights, and they were so comfortable and would do it again.

2 Thank luv2tripalot
Queens, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Memorable and Professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

What a wonderful experience. I was quite nervous about taking a hot air balloon ride but the entire staff was professional and made this a morning to remember. They feed you in the morning, provide you with warm blankets, and answer any questions you may have. Once you go up in this gorgeous balloon you can understand why this experience should be had by all. Seeing Lake Tahoe from 4000 feet in the air, listening to its history, and just taking in the beauty of the land is something I will never forget. We saved up a year for this flight and it was worth every penny.

2 Thank Paris1273
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Arizona
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“If you can make it happen, make it happen!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've only been a passenger on a Hot Air Balloon one other time, in Cappadocia, Turkey, I recommend that and I wholeheartedly recommend this! It is a one of a kind (in the World) operation with the take off and landing in the water from/to a boat and let me tell you, they know what they are doing (if I had been on this one first, the one in Turkey might have scared me, I suspect these guys are much more regulated). I find Hot Air Ballooning one of the most peaceful experiences ever! I thought I would be terrified, as I don't like roller coasters, or anything that looks like I might fall to my death if I slip from the edge, but, I found this is the least scary adventure ever... I mean, I was more scared on the ski lift (not the Gondola, the open air part)! Everything from when you make the call to when you leave the dock with some ballooning history and your own Champagne glass is first class!

Visited July 2013