“Memorable and Professional” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Tahoe Balloons

Lake Tahoe Balloons
Ranked #7 of 25 Tours in South Lake Tahoe
More attraction details
Owner description: Lake Tahoe Balloons proudly presents one of the most beautiful and unique hot air balloon adventures in the world. Inflate, launch and land on the world's only U.S.C.G. certified aircraft carrier vessel for hot air balloons. Operates approximately May thru October, seven days a week, weather permitting. Early morning departures. Includes continental breakfast, boat cruise, approximately a one hour flight, traditional champagne toast and souvenir. Reservations required.
Queens, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Memorable and Professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

What a wonderful experience. I was quite nervous about taking a hot air balloon ride but the entire staff was professional and made this a morning to remember. They feed you in the morning, provide you with warm blankets, and answer any questions you may have. Once you go up in this gorgeous balloon you can understand why this experience should be had by all. Seeing Lake Tahoe from 4000 feet in the air, listening to its history, and just taking in the beauty of the land is something I will never forget. We saved up a year for this flight and it was worth every penny.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Paris1273

Scottsdale/Phoenix, Arizona
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“If you can make it happen, make it happen!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've only been a passenger on a Hot Air Balloon one other time, in Cappadocia, Turkey, I recommend that and I wholeheartedly recommend this! It is a one of a kind (in the World) operation with the take off and landing in the water from/to a boat and let me tell you, they know what they are doing (if I had been on this one first, the one in Turkey might have scared me, I suspect these guys are much more regulated). I find Hot Air Ballooning one of the most peaceful experiences ever! I thought I would be terrified, as I don't like roller coasters, or anything that looks like I might fall to my death if I slip from the edge, but, I found this is the least scary adventure ever... I mean, I was more scared on the ski lift (not the Gondola, the open air part)! Everything from when you make the call to when you leave the dock with some ballooning history and your own Champagne glass is first class!

Sacramento, California, United States
“A bucket list must.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I went on this a couple of years ago and it was one of the best experiences ever. After all, where else are you going to take off from and land on a boat in a hot air balloon? Tahoe is known for it's scenery and this is the best way to enjoy it. After touching down lightly on the lake you rise back up an fly thousands of feet above Tahoe. Soon the boat is just a speck in the distance. You barely feel movement as you sail above it all. It's a peaceful and awe inspiring experience.
One of the best complements for the ride that day was when a teenage boy, who tried to act cool at the start, hugged his grandmother and told her she wast "the coolest Grandma ever." The rest of us had to chuckle at that. After all, how many thing can get a jaded teenager truly excited?
The staff was wonderful too. They were engaging and the pilot was informed with a great sense of humor. You've got to try this sometime!

Visited September 2012
San Jose
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make sure you bring a ring and someone you're going to put it on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I mean, go ahead and bring a co-worker or someone super platonic, but you're going to realize too late that you could be surrounded by rings and ring boxes.

Nevertheless, this is a complete package deal...

Pass up taking a cruise on Lake Tahoe - this is that, but with a hot air balloon that you get to see inflate and take-off from the boat, in the middle of Lake Tahoe. Just show up. The continental breakfast is on the boat. Actually, after the Lady Elliot snorkel day tour (in Australia), I'm pretty much sold on these 'go brain dead' all inclusive activities.

I'd actually recommend not even peeking at the pictures posted by reviewers because it's that good - and looking at the pictures would ruin the mystery of the event. I went not knowing anything and it was good. So I'd even recommend it as a surprise type of activity.

The balloon goes up around 4000 feet and the host gives a good historical and geographical overview of the surrounding area. The host, at the time, recommended going to the lake in the distance called "Angora" - which we went to immediately following the balloon ride.

The balloon ride ends with a traditional balloon champagne toast. You're also given a nice souvenir.

1 Thank MissUnderstood4U
Jacksonville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“So much fun, very classy operation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This business is so well run. From the moment we signed up til we got off the boat, everything was handled beautifully. They had jackets to wear if you were cold, which I was at 5 in the morning. The crew was amazing. Friendly, knowledgeable, and fun! When we were up in the balloon, they explained what we were looking at, how different areas of the lake were formed, the history of the area, etc. this was totally worth the price. I would do it again!