1,133 results
All reviewsheated floorsheated toilet seatjimmy's restaurantglass of champagnerain showerlake viewshuttle servicecomplimentary shuttlebathroom floorjetted tubacross the streetboutique hotelgas fireplacelounge chairsbeautiful roomresort feeon site restaurant
Reviewed May 1, 2017

I lost my wife & soul-mate of 40 years to cancer just about 6 months ago. We had planned to spend 5 days at the Landing in April 2015 at the conclusion of a conference in Monterey & but a serious motor vehicle accident put paid to that plan which was to have been a very special event to relax, forget about life’s challenges & enjoy some of the finest scenery in the US within easy driving range of Monterey.

I re-booked The Landing when I knew that I would be attending the same conference as I felt the emotional need to make the trip as a kind of homage.

I had checked the numerous options available at SLT but the lakeside location was an absolute must & the restaurant sounded like it might be great for some serious solo dining – as opposed to the innumerable pubs, pizza & burger places which I guess are the après-ski choice for the predominant age group that I observed.

I had booked the cheapest lake-view room which I realized would be smallish but to find that it was on the top (3rd) floor when I checked in was an encouraging start. As the pic will show, it was a fantastic feeling to walk into the deliciously warm room (it was about 45deg – cool-ish for Spring?) to be greeted by an amazing view of the intense blue lake ringed by snow-capped mountains. For me (coming from Melbourne, Australia) this was a real stunner & just as I had dreamed it would be.

But enough of my emotional waffle – I’m not sure if my state of mild euphoria may have dulled my critical faculties but all the staff – I mean all – from reception to the bar, restaurant etc were just so friendly and seemed really determined to make my stay something to remember. My dinners were preceded by a session at the bar with pleasant conversations with the bar staff, followed by a very attentive dinner service in what has to be the “classiest” (hate that word, but…) restaurant in SLT (didn’t check the casinos I must admit). After day 2, I was greeted by name – always a nice touch. Excellent food & the sunset view over the lake just beyond the restaurant terrace was truly idyllic. Just wish we’d made it 2 years ago.

A couple of times I ventured downtown for a micro-brewery experience and the courtesy shuttle service was perfect, basically dropping you off right at the venue & returning to pick you up a few minutes after calling reception when ready to leave.

Naturally, I took the gondola in the heart of downtown SLT to the Heavenly observation station at 8,250ft – about 2,000ft above the town. Again – you just don’t get scenery like this in Australia – simply stunning.

In summary, the 5 nights I spent at The Landing will always be remembered as one of the best travel experiences in my life.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
4  Thank Pinot47
Henri B, General Manager at The Landing Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

G'Day Mate! Thank you so much for your amazing review and sharing your personal story with us! Very sorry to hear about your loss. As one married to an Aussie from Melbourne, I must admit, Tahoe offers a different scenery. Although, I think Melbourne is a gorgeous place too! So happy to hear you had a welcome stay with us and we were able to accommodate all of your needs. We pride ourselves on service and I"m glad to hear it shows. I really hope to see you again when you come back for your next conference. All the best, Henri

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Got a great deal through HotelTonight to stay here and came in with high expectations. The hotel surpassed all of them. The reception staff was really nice and courteous and in general the service was great - something that is missing from most American hotels.

The room was really nice and comfortable - with a fireplace, a hot tub and a balcony which had a partial view of the lake. The bathroom had L'occitane amenities.

The best part of the stay though was Jimmy's restaurant. Really really good food with a beautiful view of the lake. You know a restaurant is serious about their food when they import cheese from Greece. As vegetarians, we had great food options to choose from. Had dinner and breakfast here and couldn't be happier.

Hope to visit again soon.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Henri B, General Manager at The Landing Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Thank you so much for the incredible review! Glad to hear you had a good stay with us and you enjoyed the hotel, the restaurant and the service! Looking forward to seeing you back here really soon! All the best, Henri

Reviewed April 28, 2017

Spent last weekend celebrating my husband's 50th birthday with our best friends. We booked the suites overlooking the lake and the view was fantastic right from the bed! Staff was very helpful and nice! Gave us champagne to help the celebration and very helpful with suggestions on what to do. The shuttle service was very convenient. Great location..can walk or take shuttle to everything. Really enjoyed our trip and would highly recommend The Landing!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

Hi Jen! Happy 50th birthday to your husband! Glad to hear you had an awesome celebration with your friends! Can't wait to see you back here again soon. All the best, Henri

Reviewed April 26, 2017

Wonderful rooms, comfortable, roomy. Great bed, fireplace. I have stayed here twice. First time in a room facing the lake. Smallish room but great amenities. Outside entrance. As a female traveling along i booked an interor room this time. No lake view but the room was much larger with a great sitting area Security was great too. Made me much more comfortable. Bathrooms are very nice. Staff us very nice and efficient. Often the main drag so much more peaceful

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Yayaha

Thank you for your excellent review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt comfortable and safe with us! Looking forward to seeing you back here really soon. All the best, Henri

Reviewed April 25, 2017

If you're looking for a fantastic property near Stateline or South Lake Tahoe, The Landing is the place. The owners took an older motel right on the waterfront and completely remodeled it into this incredible boutique hotel.
We booked 2 nights in a partial lake view room that featured a heated floor in the bathroom with a heated toilet seat, large room with a fireplace and a very comfortable bed. A nice touch was the refrigerator that wasn't tied to a mini bar. I wish more hotels provided that.

They have a beautiful restaurant on property called Jimmy's. We didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food, but we'll certainly try upon our return.

The staff here is truly amazing. We were offered a glass of champagne upon check in, which is always a great way to start your stay! The gentlemen that handled our bags (forgot his name) was very accommodating, showed us the ammenities of the property, and did it with genuine hospitality. Another nice touch is the complimentary shuttle van that will take you and pick you up in the nearby area.

Even the fitness room was complete with an amazing view of the lake. So much so that we cut our work out short so we could begin our day around Tahoe.

We've finally found a hotel on the south side of the lake that fits the bill of of a high quality, romantic, boutique property. We can't wait to get back to Tahoe and stay again at The Landing.

Room Tip: A lake view is the way to go.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Jcskinaz

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We are so pleased to know that you have found home away from home and the hotel fits all your needs! I truly hope next time you try Jimmy's restaurant. Looking forward to your next stay! All the best, Henri