Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
CheapTickets$99
Orbitz.com$99
Tripadvisor$99
All reviews ski run little extras location is great few blocks heavenly ski resort motel tahoe lake skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2019

We really enjoyed the Alder Inn. Had no issues at all. The property is well taken care of and the owner are really trying to make the place nice and unique. The room is a basic hotel room but each room is uniquely decorated and very comfortable with many nice improvements/upgrades. We had a room with a King bed that was very nice, the bathroom and sink area had been improved and were very satisfying. If your looking something kind of away from the main casino hotels and better then your basic chains hotels give the Alder Inn a try. We would definitely go back!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
thealderinn, Owner at Alder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2019

Dear David, Thank you for choosing Alder Inn. We are very happy that you were happy with your stay. We look forward to your return visit.
Best Wishes!
Alder Inn Family

Reviewed June 30, 2019 via mobile

This motel has kind of a cool retro feel to it. It’s an attractive property and the location is nice because it’s off the main strip (away from traffic congestion and noise), but it’s still walking distance to at least three restaurants and a marina, so you can stroll down to watch the sunset over Lake Tahoe.
The room was comfortable and spacious for two of us. I do have two complaints: 1.). Nearly all of the electrical outlets are very loose and it’s a hassle to keep anything plugged in- lamps, charging cords for cellphones or other devices. Motel manager was aware of this and provided a power strip to plug in. This was a not-so-great solution to a problem they should already have fixed. 2.). Our room was close to the pool. Since there’s no A/C, our window was open and noise from the pool was annoying sometimes.
Overall, we were pretty pleased with our experience.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
thealderinn, Owner at Alder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2019

Thanks for sharing this feedback! We hope you'll be back our way for another visit soon -- you can always expect a warm welcome here. -The Alder Inn Family

Reviewed June 25, 2019

My room was cute, clean, and comfortable; the pool had me wishing that I'd brought my swimsuit. After the drive to South Lake Tahoe, I was glad that there were restaurants nearby that I could walk to. The location off Hwy 50 meant that my room was quiet at night, but I was still close enough to the lake to walk down and watch the sun set.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
thealderinn, Owner at Alder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2019

We're really glad you could visit us! Thank you for such a great review please come back again soon. -The Alder Inn Family

Reviewed June 22, 2019 via mobile

We ended up staying in the area an extra night after our AirBnB was up so we stayed here. We wish we had just stayed here from the start. Great homey atmosphere, the owner was very friendly and a cute doggie! Everything you could need was already in our room and the bed was comfortable. I’ll be back!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
thealderinn, Owner at Alder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2019

Glad you could swing by, Lindsey! Thank you so much for such a great review. We all look forward to seeing you again soon. -The Alder Inn Family

Reviewed June 11, 2019

We had the ada room. Wonderful for my husband. It was finally snow free and the hosts were hanging flags of the world and planting flowers, all of which my husband enjoyed and talked to them about. We were in town for a wedding and this was a great base location. Very comfortable beds and lovely amenities! I loved the warm fluffy bathrobe provided.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank lindakay50
thealderinn, Owner at Alder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2019

We're really happy you enjoyed staying with us and talking with us! Hoping you'll make it back our way again soon. -The Alder Inn Family