All reviews hot tub ski run wine glasses ping pong table little extras great place to stay within walking distance would definitely stay here again quiet location ceiling fan the main drag location is great mini fridge nice room bed was very comfortable heavenly ski resort emerald bay
Reviewed December 28, 2016

I recently stayed in Alder Inn with my family and I had a GREAT experience. The location is ideal for a ski trip to Heavenly and it is steps away from other great sights in South Lake Tahoe (1 block from lake). The inn is run by a lovely family who truly valued making my experience memorable.

As a frequent traveler, I appreciate a clean room, quick check in process, and access to housekeeping (for towel, soap needs, etc).

Good for families and couples.

*note if you have a large amount of luggage or prefer direct access to your car, request a room downstairs (2 levels)

I would definitely return to the property for my future Tahoe adventures.

Room tip: Designated Pet rooms for your furry travelers, doubles, and king size
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 151Elizabeth
Reviewed November 29, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting The area and were very dissatisfied with the time share we were assigned. Got online and found the Alder Inn and spent two nights there. The owner/staff are very friendly and we immediately felt at home. The rooms are nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. Plus beautiful fleece robes are provided for lounging around! Free Wifi too! We recommend the Alder Inn!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here last month. There were lots of parking spaces. Good restaurants are just a few minutes drive away. Friendly staff. The room is clean and very cozy. It's just the perfect size for two adults and a baby. Modern interior design. Would definitely go back.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2016

What nice people!! They were extremely accommodating of all the quirky requests we made. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely plan to stay there in the future the next time we are in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2016

Twelve of us friends stayed at this inn from Friday November 11 through Sunday November 13th. In all honesty this is one of the very best places I have stayed. It had everything you could ask for! We were celebrating our 50th birthdays. It was close to everything but far enough it was very quiet. The rooms were all decorated differently unlike regular hotel chains. They had the majority of us grouped together which was super. We spent a lot of time at the fire pit by our building, and sat around the spa. There were a lot of things to do there - basketball hoop, horse shoes and so on. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. I appreciated that they called us by name, that was really nice. Definitely my place to stay when we come to Tahoe!
Highly recommend, 5 stars!

Room tip: None, they were all great rooms!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple