“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
California
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 26, 2009

My husband and I decided to spend our 6 year anniversary in Lake Tahoe on the South Shore, we usually go to the North Shore. I was so pleased to find out that the Alder Inn had availability on such short notice for the Memorial Day weekend. When I called to make the reservations the owner was very friendly, and encouraged me to bring my furry friend. When we arrived check in was fast and easy and we were very pleased with our room accomodations as well as the vicinity to all local sight seeing and Nightlife attractions. The Maid service was neat and clean, and the owners were very attentive to anything that would be of service to us, like a fan or recommendations for dining. We will definetly return to the Alder Inn and bring more family and friends to enjoy the experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
San Francisco
Reviewed November 28, 2007

I was looking for a hotel in Tahoe for my wedding. I needed something which wasn't too expensive and would give any of my wedding guests disc when booking the room. I'm so glad I came across Alder Inn. The owners of this property were very nice. I had to book total of 9 rooms and knowing most of the guest were arriving out of country, it was very nervewrecking. I'm so grateful to the owners. I booked the room over the phone with the owner's wife and she was very pleasant and assured me not to worry abt anything. I was looking forward to meeting her, however when we arrived in Tahoe, her husband informed us she was out of town. In any case, the husband was very helpful and nice. He even gave us a bottle of wine as a wedding gift, which was very sweet of him. We had lots of guests which stayed up late ,till 2 am and he never once told us to stop our little party we had going on outside. I would highly recommend this hotel since the owners are very very helpful. I had the most beautiful wedding and not worrying abt the hotel helped.

• Liked — The owner was very nice
  • Disliked — Loved everything !!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family