“Highly recommended place to stay!”
Review of Alder Inn

Alder Inn
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Alder Inn is the most wonderful place to stay in South Lake Tahoe - Chad and Layni go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect at their "home". They are gracious, helpful and welcoming and the rooms are, above all, clean and comfortable. The beds are all new and the sheets luxurious. Everything you would need is in the room - TV, microwave,fridge, coffee maker and hairdryer, and the personal touches of the soft dressing gowns and the little bags of extra "necessities" are all an added bonus. The hot tub is clean and welcoming after a long day skiing and the Cabana with fire-pit cozy. The location is convenient to everywhere and the price is comparably with other places to stay. I recently spent nine relaxing nights there and highly recommend Alder Inn as THE place to stay in South Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 26, 2012

My husband and I decided to celebrate our first wedding anniversary by treating ourselves to a romantic weekend away in Lake Tahoe. We were of course looking for the elusive diamond in the rough - a charming, well-appointed, modern hotel that didn't cost a fortune. After having read through the numerous amazing reviews on Trip Advisor about The Alder Inn, it seemed booking a weekend here was a no-brainer. Admittedly, I came into the weekend with high expectations after reading the glowing reviews. Yet, both my husband and I were still BLOWN AWAY with how perfect everything about our experience here turned out.

Driving up to the Alder Inn, you may be expecting your standard Lake Tahoe motel. However, from the moment we checked in we could tell that the owners took immense pride in this property. Every single detail at this property has been thoughtfully planned out - from the charming outdoor furniture and fire pits, to the lovely pool/hot tub area with cabanas, and last but not least the GORGEOUS rooms. The furnishings in the rooms are top notch. You feel more like you are staying at a cozy bed and breakfast than a hotel. You can tell that very careful consideration has gone into every last detail of the room (especially considering each room is decorated differently). Beautiful, comfortable, functional, and clean. You couldn't ask for more.

Except that there is more! I have never seen so many nice "extras" in a room before. From the Keurig single cup coffee maker and nice, big coffee mugs, to the wine glasses and bottle opener, to the all the little complimentary toiletries. There was even a ziploc pack with cough drops, liquid bandage, Icy Hot, nasal strips and mints - perfect to take with you for a day of winter activities. They have truly thought of everything.

The cherry on top of the entire experience was that Chad and Layni are incredibly warm, genuine and lovely people. They are extremely knowledgeable and accommodating and gave us some great restaurant recommendations. The service here was truly 5 stars.

I can't say enough good things! Believe they 5 star reviews - they are all true. I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else next time we come up to South Lake Tahoe.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have staid at the Alder Inn twice now and it wont be the last, thats for sure. I am always blown away with each room, each having their own unique style with little hidden treasures in them. On this last trip we brought two friends who also got their own room and they are still talking about how wonderful their stay was. I have to say Chad and Layni are truly what make this Inn extraordinary, they are so welcoming, accommodating and have many recommendations of things to do a places to eat. I will not stay anywhere else in Tahoe there is only one place you want to stay and that is the Alder Inn. TRUST ME!

Room Tip: Every room is great they each have their flavor for taste.
1  Thank savannah h
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We spent 6 nights here (booked last September due to the excellent trip advisor ratings) and had the best stay. Right from the moment at check in the service is 5*. Nothing was too much trouble and the tips they gave us thought out stay were very much appreciated and really made our stay (especially the recommend to eat at the blue angel cafe!)
The room was the one we booked all these months previously and was big and beautifully furnished. We certainly didn't have any noise complaints (room 6 - upstairs and at the far end away from the boulevard).
If you're fed up of bland same old same old chain hotel rooms they give the alder inn a try!
Thank you for a lovely stay and can't recommend you enough.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Anne_Delaney
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is my third time staying at Alder Inn. My girlfriend and I love the serene romantic rooms, convenient location and relaxed dealings with Chad and Layni. They are gracious hosts and know everything about the area you'll need to have a great time. I highly recommend you give them a try if you're headed to SLT.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The owners are truly wonderful, and have the southern hospitality thing down to a "T." We'd heard great things about this Hotel from a few of our friends, and they were all right! I'd have expected to pay twice what we did anywhere else as the room we stayed in was right out of Better Homes and Gardens... And Damn! The owners are HOT! Really HOT!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

My friends and I had a reservation at the Marriott for our week's stay. We later decided to drive up a day early and needed a room for one night only. I checked tripadvisor for my options and determined that the reviews on the Alder Inn were the best. My main goal was to find a place that was clean and maybe slightly above average.

WOW! Was I pleasantly surprised!! My friends and I are still talking about how nice the Alder Inn is. Not only was the decor in the rooms cute, (and very clean), we very much enjoyed meeting Layni and Chad. The attention to detail of the Alder Inn is amazing.

We were actually sad to check out and move to the Marriott! We expect to make the Alder Inn a new tradition for our annual ski get-away.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends