“We Love the Capri Motel!!!!”
Review of Capri Motel

and 1 more site!
Capri Motel
Ranked #37 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed January 21, 2010

We have stayed at the Capri Motel several times and our expierence just keeps getting better and better. We love Tammy, as she is VERY helpful and friendly. She has recommended several attractions to us that have made our stay in Lake Tahoe more memorable. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed January 15, 2010

I've stayed at several other hotels on my trips to Tahoe, but my stay at the Capri was the best. The rooms were comfortable and cozy, the staff was helpful, and the price was right. The location was great. It's near the casinos, beaches, and ski resorts. The manager was helpful with events and places to go. The manager was very nice and accomodating. I will definitely return just because of her not to mention the other reasons listed above.

Reviewed September 25, 2009

My friend and I stopped by this hotel without reservations looking for a place for just one night. We ended up not even staying and the crazy woman working the front desk should be fired immediately. My friend is from Europe and the woman was extremely rude, disrespectful and condesending about some of the differences between the U.S. and Europe. I have done a fair amount of traveling and never before have I come across such a pathetic, mad-at-the-world type person. We decided after talking with her a few minutes to take out business elsewhere. She followed us out to the car yelling and carrying on. I was shocked at the lack of professionalism and pure lack of judgement. I would never give my business to someone who treated my friend and I the way she did. We ended up going right next door to the Alpine Inn and had a great experience. Very friendly and welcoming.
My advice: give your business to those who are deserving and have basic human respect for all!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank gmg12
Reviewed August 24, 2009

This is the worst Motel I've ever stayed in. The place was walking distance from Harrah's Hotel which was the only good thing about staying here. Other than this, the office lady was very very rude starting from the time we checked in. Also, the second room that we booked had a defective bed and it broke. The next day when we informed the office lady, she was very defensive and claimed that the guys were jumping on it....how mature was that? She knew that the bed was broken but failed to inform us about it at check-in...Also try coordinating with people in other rooms (me being sarcastic), because if you plan to take a shower and someone else is taking one too, be ready for some COLD water....Oh yeah, lastly, IF for some crazy reason you do decide to stay here, book with the Motel office directly because their rates are a lot cheaper than booking with AAA or with any other travel agencies!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Janet_Jacks0n
Reviewed September 1, 2008

This place may not be a 5 star luxury hotel, BUT it is clean and convenient. It is a stones throw to Harvey's Casino (where they have outdoor concerts - you can sit on the Capri's upstairs patio and listen to great music and watch the 4th of July fireworks) and its just a few blocks from the beach and Edgewood golf course. Its walking distance as well to the Heavenly gondola at the Marriotts Hotel. The hotel manager "Lee" is very nice and serves morning coffee and a packaged pastry to go (ie muffins, bearclaws...) A great basecamp for all your Sierra adventures.
~Maureen W.

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank m0welsh
Reviewed July 16, 2008

This place is a very clean and basic motel. You don't get all the amenities of staying at a casino but you also do not pay the casino's big price.

It is in one of the best locations in South Lake Tahoe to access the casinos. The motel is located caddycorner to the back entrance of Harvey's.

Why pay for a concert at Harvey's when you can BBQ by the pool and hear it for free from the clean and never crowded pool at the Capri. Lee runs a tight ship and makes sure her guests are taken care of and happy. I love this place and will continue to go back every year. (P.S. I don't own this place or anything that would make me biased)

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed February 20, 2007

Very Nice place, kinda like your own cabin the in woods. Location is awesome, you could throw a baseball and hit Harveys, it's that close. Quick and easy drive to the lake or just walk less than 1/2 mile...I've stayed with wedding parties here also, we reserved a block of rooms and had the wedding party stay in Harveys...Nice warm pool during the summer months, with a gas bbq pit for your use...Funtimes at the Capri for a reasonable rate!!!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank outdoorsmen
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel
#18 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
#4 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#9 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Capri Motel? Share your experiences!