“Nice change from pizza”

Dining options: Late Night
Cary, North Carolina
“Nice change from pizza”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Located in Heavenly Village, Gunbarrel had a better menu selection. But the tables could not accommodate the large family group we seemed to gather together in our reunion weekend. But for three couples, we could find seating.

Visited June 2014

Napa, California
“It was OK.”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I thought Gunbarrel Tavern was just ok. I thought the food was alright, service decent, but location and atmosphere to be very enjoyable. I think for future visits I would rather just go and have a drink. I ordered the chicken sandwich, which lacked flavor. On the menu it lists a variety of different items to be on it such as different vinaigrettes, pomegranate, cucumber, etc. It only had the chicken and lettuce. The chicken did not even have any seasoning. I mentioned this but did not receive much empathy. The chips that come with the meals have too much seasoning on them, and are too salty. If they put less on they'd be perfect. I did start off with the sweet potato fries which I did really enjoy. My friend also ate a hamburger which he said was great, but he agreed with my comment on the chips. Overall, food was okay, but as I said would rather just go back for a drink. Hope this place improves, I would love to go back for a 5 star experience next time.

• Visited June 2014
West Sacramento, California
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

On a crowded July 4th weekend day, we were greeted warmly by the hostess and led to a table right away. Bison burger and fries was excellent as were the nachos. In fact my wife thought the latter the best she had ever had. Our waitress was very pleasant and ready to answer our questions. A nice quiet atmosphere in a swarming South Lake Tahoe.

• Visited July 2014
Dallas, TX
“Overpriced food and poor service”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

First, we had a tough time figuring out how late this place was open. It's not on their homepage and it wasn't until after the fact that we found it buried on one of their interior pages. When I Googled it the night we were trying to go (Saturday, June 28), it showed a closing time of 10pm in the Google results. Given it was after 9pm, I wanted to call them to confirm we could still order food. I must have redialed their # 20+ times over a 10+ minute period and every single time, it was busy. I commented to this on Facebook as we were walking to Heavenly from our hotel and they immediately responded saying they were "really busy this time of year." This was very frustrating. There's no way THAT many people were calling in/out at that time of night. As got to the main street, we noticed that Gunbarrel was right there and figured we'd go ahead and see if we could still get a table. We had heard it was really good food and well, by 9:35, were running out of options. (This city shuts down EARLY!) When we walked up, no one at the hostess stand was on the phone and I don't even think I saw one, so I guess the Chatty Cathy was in the office or something. Anyway, we were seated (outside) rather promptly, but because they had the outdoor heater by only one of the 4-5 tables, we got cold faster than expected. Ordered a couple drinks and a couple apps (sweet potato fries and lamp lollipops). The apps took FOREVER to arrive. I'd guess from the time we sat down to the time they arrived, we'd been there 30 minutes. During this time, the waitress never came over to let us know they were coming or apologize for the delay. The food runner just dropped them off and didn't say a word or ask if we needed anything else and we were half-way done by the time the waitress came back. The apps were very good, but after waiting so long to get them, probably could've done without. We ordered the nachos with chicken ($19!!!) and the Kobe beef sliders ($12). The plate of nachos were huge, but mostly just plain chips piled up w/o cheese or anything else. Apparently, they don't do salsa here, so that was a let down. The chicken cubes weren't evenly distributed and were instead all together hiding underneath some of the chips on the top as if they just tossed a spoon-full of chicken on at the last minute. This was annoying. The nachos were still pretty tasty, but most definitely NOT $19 worth and too much for one person. (I didn't finish the fries app or the nachos.) The Kobe beef sliders were pretty much what we expected. You get two sliders with small burgers; not very filling for a meal. At $12 for Kobe beef, the price was a tad high, but not as bad as the nachos. The waitress was a little more attentive during the meal, but not much and never asked if we wanted dessert or anything, just brought us the check. (We couldn't have eaten dessert at that point, but you'd think she'd ask.) Out of everything we had, the apps were the best almost enough food. The prices seemed high for what you got. Will we go back? Possibly, but maybe only for apps.

Visited June 2014
“Ate elsewhere!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Was not impressed when my family approached the restaurant and were not even greeted with a hello or a simple smile. Granted they were busy. We asked to see a menu and the girl at the host stand was so rude we decided to take our business elsewhere.

2 Thank mrsabbylarson