“Fresh Tasty Seafood ”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Fresh Tasty Seafood ”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and had a nice time. I had blackened mahi mahi and my husband had the salmon fish tacos. The portions were large and tasty! I would recommend this restaurant if you're visiting Lake Tahoe.

Essex
“Food worth waiting for”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Went with our friends Bill and Fran who had eaten here some years back. Unfortunately although the food was great the service time was great. Our waitress was excellent. We had clam chowder, coconut prawns and crab cakes for starters with a great Pinot Grigio. Main meals were ...prawns and steak for me. My wife had a seafood linguini...and the sea food was huge. Fran had a great Halibut and Bill had Salmon. All the food quality was great but it was a long wait for food......

Visited July 2014
1 Thank MikeMason
Eugene, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service and food mediocre at best”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Got seated right away, then the service declined. Sat at our table for a good 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged we were there, took another 15 to get someone to take our dinner order. Crab cakes were more bread than anything else. When we asked what the fresh catch of the day was, we were told they were out of the fresh catch. Ordered our entree's from the menu. They were supposed to come with risotto, but when we received them they were served with mashed potatoes. When questioned, they informed us that they were out of risotto. Never said anything until we questioned them. Outside dining is on rickety tables with plastic chairs. Great view of the parking lot. You did have a view of the marina, small, but it was a view. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mrs H
Los Altos, CA
“Who is In Charge of the Kitchen?”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is my third time eating at the Fresh Ketch over the last 5 years. In the past I have enjoyed the ambiance of sitting by the marina and the food. But this past weekend I met a friend around 2pm for a late lunch. Both of us ordered salads, one of which was a Caesar Salad with adding chicken. The other meal was the Ketch Kobb salad with a special request to hold the blue cheese. When our food arrived the Caesar salad was missing the chicken. The other salad they forgot the avocado and as well they served it with the blue cheese which I requested NOT to have. So I ask you this, was this the kitchen's fault for not following thru reading the waiter's ticket OR did the server neglect to write the changes? We will never know for sure but the experience was really disappointing.

• Visited July 2014
“Nice Views; Hit or Miss on Quality”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Best time to dine at the Ketch is at sunset, of course!
The views can't be beat; so that is what you pay for.
Good, fresh fish entrees, always, but come on ~ julienne carrots for a side vegetable on a $30 dish?
Can't ya just spring for the asparagus or better?
Just something gets me about paying a lot of money for a piece of fish that has a side of carrots...
Better to stay downstairs and have appetizers and drinks in the bar/lounge area.
I love the lobster bisque <3
The service is hit and miss, too.
Just depends on who shows up on any given day, I guess.
Kinda funny when your waitress shows up straight from a hike up Mt. Tallac and apparently just tossed her hair on her head and called it good.
Gotta Love Tahoe!