“Best Steak Ever”

Evan's American Gourmet Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The service here is 5 star, the food was amazing, the staff had fantastic recommendations, make sure to make a reservation a few days prior, this is a must for fine dining/ special occassion.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great meal, great service.. No 1 for a reason..

Fantastic wine list so no need to byo as they charge 20 a bottle.. great menu with locally sourced fresh produce; presentation was excellent, scallops were amazing, mains were surprisingly big portions and very tasty.. but.. you ABSOLUTELY have to save room for dessert! Chef Dustin takes great care and rotates the menu.. we could have had 3-4 of the choices but stuck with the banana with candied walnuts.. awesome.. if you are in Tahoe you seriously do not want to miss this place.. but you need to book and be open to dining at their earlier time(5.30) if you want a table.. well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I didn't expect much in this little place tucked at the end of a resort town, and was pleasantly surprised. The food was on par with the best I've had before, and we've traveled extensively in Europe. The veal Napoleon appetizer was mouthwateringly good. I should have just ordered several appetizers, because I struggled to finish the entree - not because it wasn't good, just because it was too much. I've ordered duck for entree, and it was very tasty also, and cooked just to the degree I've asked. It came with an inventive side - risotto cake with goat cheese I believe. Even snap peas, that I normally don't like (many restaurants add veggies as an afterthought), were cooked to crispy perfection. I found myself hunting for the last strands of something crispy and green that was on top of the cake. My husband had lobster-stuffed salmon and he was also happy with it. They made a cheese pizza specially for our picky kid. Afterwards, we were not sure we could manage a dessert, but luckily they had a dessert sampler we could share. It didn't disappoint either, especially the chocolate mousse cake. Oh, and the service was impeccable. Obviously with so few tables they can't afford to have people wait long for food.

2  Thank Julia G
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were really surprised by this small almost unnoticeable cafe. The location is very nice. Staff were very pleasant, helpful and attentative. The food had a great presentation and was prepared to perfection. There are not many tables and it seemed quite popular. We recommend you get a reservation well in advance to avoid being disappointed. The price is higher but well worth it. Don't miss this one.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant is hidden away on South Lake Tahoe, out towards Emerald Bay. This is the top notch restaurant on the South Side of the Lake. If you are looking for a romantic dinner with an excellent menu and wine list, this is your place. Not cheap, but worth every penny.