“Delicious!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've been here many times and have never had anything i didn't love. Try Ed's best omelet or the eggs benedict.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stopped by here for breakfast three days in a row as I was staying at the Marriott Grand Residences and they do not serve food (Driftwood is next door and is about 15 feet away from the entrance to GR).

Service - Good, but not great. On multiple occasions across three different servers I had to go out of my way to flag down staff, even on non-busy days. Staff generally had a pleasant attitude though and they were not upset at my requests, so this was not too big of a deal (it could easily have blown up my experience).

Price - Cheap for what you get, best value I've found at a ski resort town in quite a while.

Food - AWESOME! I love the fact some of their items are homemade and they do have a creative menu. My only complaint is that when I ordered a macchiato they did not know how to make it. I explained it and they made it for me, did an ok job which is the best you can ask when someone makes a macchiato for the first time. Still, its weird that a cafe has people manning the espresso machines who do not know the difference between a macchiato and a latte or mocha. Sadly, it resulted in a Starbucks style macchiato versus a real macchiato but they did try! The actual food was quite good and since I was leaning on them for breakfast it all worked out.

Food ordered:

- Eggs Benedict
- Pancakes
- French Toast
- Black Bean Chicken Chili Omelette w/ Homemade Jalapeno Corn Muffins

Note: I strongly encourage you to use butter/jelly for the corn muffins as they are dry without it. Very good with it though.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Thanks to Christine at our beloved 968 Park Hotel, who recommended this place to us. The Driftwood Cafe is popular, based in the chic outdoor mall near Heavenly, so it can get busy, but for us it was worth the short wait. Staff was gracious and accommodating, the manager himself checked on us twice, and the food was tasty and refreshingly creative. Items like the Loaded Waffle, Black Bean Chicken Chili omelet, the whimsical Ugly Fries really set you up for a great morning on the slopes. They feature wonderful vegetarian options as well, like the Vegan Burrito and Veggie Quiche, which can be harder to come by. You can even accompany your fare with a Bloody Mary or Mimosa! We appreciated the reasonable prices as well, especially as Driftwood’s ideal location would allow them to charge much more. The locally roasted coffee also won kudos from our group. Bon appétit!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Basically what you would expect from a popular tourist cafe. Surprisingly great food, with servers that cant keep up. I ordered the huevos del driftwood, and she got the Carolina Connection. My dish was great, but I would try something else before i went back to it. Her Carolina Connection was the real winner. I couldn't believe how much flavor they were able to pack into their potato pancakes. However, that dish advertised a biscuit with gravy, when it only had gravy on the potato pancakes. No one likes a dry biscuit, so the girl asked for some extra gravy to eat the biscuit the way it was advertised. Our meal was done by the time the gravy showed up, and when the ticket appeared, there was a $2.25 charge for the extra gravy which wasn't used. A breakfast cafe shouldn't nickle and dime its customers that way. This place can do whatever it wants though, because the food is good, and there are way too many tourist customers for them to worry about losing one over an incident like this. We will be back, but we will ask for something in place of the biscuit. I wish they would have had another server on. so that they could give their tables more attention. It would also help them to flip tables to lessen the wait time.

SouthLakeTahoeDude, Owner at Driftwood Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

I would like to apologize to you as there should not have been a charge for extra gravy. We do not like to "nickel and dime" our customers. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We will fix the problem.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Most of my family has breakfast The waffle and French toast did not look impressive. The other two breakfast items were the chicken fried steak and eggs Benedict. They looked yummy. I had the their house spinach salad with chicken breast and bacon. Super yummy! Would have that again!