Nephele's
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nephele's has been a local favorite since 1977. We specialize in fresh fish and fresh game as well as seasonal specialties. Check out our full service bar and extensive wine list!
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Unique menu, well prepared. Staff was very friendly and even suggested other places to eat throughout the week. Must have the seafood cheesecake appetizer. Incredible!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Nice bar near Alder Inn. We didn't eat there but , it was a lovely place to have a cosy drink. The staff were very nice too.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We loved this restaurant. It is a small restaurant (less than 10 tables) and very quaint and romantic. The food was delicous and so flavorful. Their salad dressing is soooo good nothign like I've had before and the portions were great. It is right across the street from the Deerfield Lodge which I highly recommend so you can just walk across the street for dinner. The outside of this restaurant looks almost like a gingerbread house when it's lit up at night. It has a great feel. The only thing that didn't match their great flavors was the mocha ice cream cake. I wouldn't get that again but I'm sure their other desserts were wonderful.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Nice treat but expensive. Very good food and excellent service. Not your typical ski dining but a nice treat if you can fit it in your week to have a relaxing, fine dining experience. Nice local business that has the original owner for 35 years.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Sad to say that this place has really gone down hill the past couple of years. This used to be one of our not-to-be missed stops whenever we went to Tahoe. These days it doesn't taste like much is made fresh there anymore.

My wife and I took some friends out to dinner there around christmas. She had the chicken marsala, I had the filet; both were mediocre at best. The filet now comes with some brie/crab topping which seems to be frozen crab and does not compliment the steak at all. If anything, it seems to be there to mask the fact that the steak is not a very good quality.

When I asked if I could just get a wedge of brie on top (which is the way they used to serve it a few years ago) I was told that they didn't have any brie...so....where did the brie in the crab mix come from???

My wife's chicken was also nothing special.

The service was good and attentive but, for the price, there are much better places in Tahoe these days. What a shame.