“Great views and service”

Boathouse On The Pier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Go for drinks and a light snack...I'll remember the views always...the food less so! I need to get to 50 words to submit this, so will say that we ate here on 2 nights and the chef never managed to get our steaks correctly cooked, always overcooking them, so "rare" came out as well done. Chef - try harder please. But I did eat them anyway, so cannot have been too bad. Also the waitresses were all lovely.

There are newer reviews for Boathouse On The Pier

Reviewed July 22, 2013

6 of our family members ate dinner here for Mother's Day. We drove up from Reno just for this reason. Food was outstanding although it was a set menu, which we did not realize but there was something for everyone. The service was great too. The atmosphere, of being right on the lake, is outstanding. Will return soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We ordered the calamari and the prawn cocktail. Both were decent. 4 prawns, 5 calamari-not such a great value for the money. The service sucked. Our server was on her phone on the balcony where we were sitting and it was 9 minutes til happy hour was over, so we were anxious to order. My husband ended up going inside and ordered from the bus boy. He was great. Matter of fact, he was the one who greeted us and seated us! Oh and who brought us our drinks! hmmm...
The inside appeared to be young drunk locals. One of the cooks was smoking a cigarette below me. I think that is where the kitchen is? So that was a big turn off too. Bottom line, its an over priced place wishing for the tourists money, but I think they are only making money OR losing money from the local happy hour bar crowd. Go to Mac Duffs!!! Its in walking distance!

1  Thank FetterolfCA
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The food was good and they make a great mojito. The entertainment is in watching the paddleboard lessons. Kids as young as five are soon pros while some of the macho guys struggle to get the hang of it.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We came across this restaurant by accident and decided to give it a try. As others mentioned it sits on the longest pier in Lake Tahoe. We had reservations and when we arrived our table was waiting for us by the window. The food is good with a limited menu. I had the veggie tower (too much cream mixed with the pesto but very tasty). My husband had the chicken which he enjoyed. We split a salad before hand (no split fee). The waitress was fun, attentive and professional. They have a full bar with a seasoned bartender. The sunset view from this place is the best. We will try this again next year. I believe they are trying hard to get a good menu going.