“Thai, vegetarian and draft”
Review of Orchid

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Orchid
Ranked #112 of 152 Restaurants in South Lake Tahoe
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This restaurant was suggested by a hotel on the Nevada side of things and we were not disappointed. In fact, we had dinner on my birthday and then I came back again when my husband came to town. My friends are omnivores and my husband and I vegetarians. The pumpkin curry was great, there were at least two beers on tap, and my friends who had not eaten Thai food before my birthday really enjoyed it. Looking forward to eating there again on an upcoming trip.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on a Tuesday night with no booking, seated within a few minutes. Service was good, one of the two waiters didn't speak great English but was very polite. Food arrived very promptly, try the fish cakes appetiser- they were great! I had pad Thai and my husband had curry tofu. Both of us had to get a doggy bag to take home, the portion sizes were huge! Meals tasted great, nice fresh ingredients . Not a lot of chicken in my pad Thai though. Not too expensive either.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We shared a meal with friends here - we had a wonderful time together which was enhanced by the wide variety of offerings available here. From the curries to salads to soups, everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals! Am must-see while in South Lake Tahoe for sure!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been here 4-5 times in the last 2 years. Always consistent and extremely faithful to authentic Thai food. thank you.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We waited 80 minutes to get a table (and this was not dissuading people from looking at other restaurants), and 40 minutes to get our order on the table. The food was satisfying, the portion sizes seemed to trail was the evening turned in to night - while waiting in line to get our table, we saw big portion sizes and ordered accordingly. But when the food arrive, we were forced to add to our order (and this took another 40 minutes).

1  Thank apsinpdx