“Absolutely delicious!”

Primo's Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Primo's Italian Bistro serves authentic Italian recipes and boasts the most extensive selection of Italian wines on the South Shore. Large parties, catering, reservations and to-go orders are welcome. We also have quarterly wine pairing dinners.
Los Gatos, California
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

The front desk of our motel highly recommended Primo's for dinner. What a wonderful meal we had! I started out with a cup of tomato basil soup, and my husband had a caesar salad. The soup was thick and chunky, and tasted homemade. The salad dressing was homemade and quite tasty. We ordered the lasagna, which we were told would take 24 minutes to get ready (nice to know they aren't in the kitchen, nuking meals!), and the eggplant parmesan. The lasagna with its homemade pasta was possibly one of the best we've ever had in a restaurant! The eggplant parmesan was quite tasty, as well. The portions are huge, and we had plenty to take home for a meal the next day. All of their desserts are made in house. Service was friendly and efficient. Definitely a great place for a meal when in South Lake Tahoe.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank RLLLG

Los Angeles, California
“Terrible”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Ordered chicken parmigiana for take out. It was lunch time and the restaurant was empty. The pasta was overcooked and the sauce didnt taste good as expected. Food was not appealing! My husband ended up getting take out at the thai place beside it.

1 Thank RNtraveler14
Folsom, California
“Go for the food”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our 2nd time here and they don't disappoint. The restaurant has an old Italian vibe with dim lighting, deep red decor, and cozy seating. Great service and very friendly.

We start out with a piping hot loaf of sourdough accompanied with very tasty balsamic and olive oil.

I had the Seafood Fra Diavolo which is made to order and they added just enough spice to my request. Great amount of seafood, mussels, scallops, shrimp, calamari!!

My Fiancé had the Rigatoni with vodka sauce!!! Good sized portion and lots of meat and noodles!

Overall, I'd recommend this place to everyone as the food is some of the best!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Alicia J
Oregon
“Delicious Food-fantastic service!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I were in Tahoe for a weekend away and in the mood for Italian food. Using our favorite resource, TripAdvisor, we found great reviews for Primo and we were not disappointed! It is a pretty small restaurant and it is next to a laundromat, but once you start eating, you will be pleased. All the staff was very friendly and attentive. We ordered the stuffed Portabello for an appetizer and then turned to the wine list and dinner menu. We are from Oregon wine country, but a little unfamiliar with Italian wines. Our server (owner?), Jim, was extremely helpful and gave very detailed descriptions of several wines. We each ordered a different glass and were delighted with our choices. For an entree, I chose the Chicken Saltimbocca and my husband chose the special, blue nose Grouper. Delicious!! I was thrilled to discover my chicken came over homemade pasta (which I absolutely LOVE!) and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his fish and risotto. We also had small Caesar salad and it was obvious the tasty dressing was also homemade. We finished the evening off with chocolate gelato. A lovely evening with fantastic food and wonderful service. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kazmo77
Mobile, AL
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I don't give many 5 ratings, but I really liked Primo's. It is had to find and the outside atmosphere is pretty bad, it is next to a launder mat, but once you walk it the doors everything is fine. The atmosphere is excellent, low music, a fish tank, white table clothes, a class act. Our waiter, Chris, was excellent. He made great suggestions of both food and wine. My wife and I will visit again on our next trip to Tahoe.

Visited April 2014