“Nice local hangout”

Primo's Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Primo's Italian Bistro serves authentic Italian recipes and boasts the most extensive selection of Italian wines on the South Shore. Large parties, catering, reservations and to-go orders are welcome. We also have quarterly wine pairing dinners.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed eating outside. The pizza was especially good served with a nice selection of beer. It was a pleasant night with a nice energy. It appered to be a popular place among locals.

1  Thank JaKo106

Reviewed May 7, 2013

With out fail once again I and a friend had a wonderful lunch at Primo's, we were given the feeling we were like family, Greeted immediately and given a menu of nice variety from appetizers, entree's with homemade raviolis. We went went a salad and specialty pizza. The owner, James Primo's family is from Italy the thing I found in humor was I asked for ranch dressing, they don't have it, James said it was because they don't have ranch dressing in Italy. Hey folks let's to to Italy and introduce it we'll make millions. : )

1  Thank Suzanne L
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Skip this one if you know good Italian food. The red sauce was not that flavorful (they take pride in calling it gravy but by any name this was not a good flavor). My chicken piccata had a nice lemony flavor but the chicken was tough. My husband's pasta dish was completely average for what we get in So. Cal and my 17 yr. old son didn't like his pasta with seafood - it had some other strange things in it. The best thing there was the Tortilla soup - bizarre for an Italian restaurant - but that was the only good thing of the evening. A must skip and we were sorry we went.

1  Thank MicheleB55
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Don't be deceived by the restaurant location or decor. It is the best Italalian Restaurant in South Lake Tahoe. Excelent, freshly made pasta, served "al dente". great appetizers & specials. Not an extensive wine list but superb Italian's very reasonalby priced. Very, very attentive service - while perhaps too informal this might be a California thing. Overall a great place which we will surely return every time we're in Lake Tahoe

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I've eaten at Primo's 3 times. The menu has very conventional Italian restaurant items, but the specials can be almost anything: wild game sausage appetizers, various unusual homemade raviolis, etc.. The menu items are delicious and very large servings. The specials are far more interesting (to my tastes), as they are much more experimental. Service has been very good when I've been there, but that can, I imagine, vary with day and server. The last time I was there, my server had also been the chef who had prepared two of the specials, and so was especially capable of describing them to us. Though the food is high quality, the atmosphere is quite casual: exactly what I like, but not "fancy" if that is what one is looking for. Tables are close together and it feels natural to talk with other guests. Not somewhere that allows you to have a "private" meal for two.

Going back for Valentine's Day 'cause we like it so much.