“Love this place Jan rules”

Ambassador Motor Lodge
Ranked #60 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
kittykat23
“Love this place Jan rules”
Reviewed March 25, 2007

My freinds and I booked a room at another hotel which was so nasty and dirty. So I walked across the street to talk to Jan and see how much the rates were there. So was so nice and felt bad we had such a bad room at another hotel. She helped us out by letting us stay for free and we were so very happy but the rooms are still a great price for the stay. The rooms were very clean, it was very quite considering how many people were staying there. We booked more rooms for May for a wedding and will keep going back and recommend this hotel to all our friends and family. Great place can't wait to go back.
You don't find very nice people these days and Jan was the greatest.

• Liked — The owners
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank kittykat23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed March 8, 2007

This motel has basic and very clean rooms. It is ideal for a skiing weekend stay if you are ok with this lodge simplicity and not looking for anything fancy. Some rooms have refgrigerators and microwaves. Rooms which have two queen beds are of size of rooms which have just one queen bed. However, one bed room has a couple of chairs and a small table. I am definitely going to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Xebeche
Bakersfield
Reviewed February 25, 2007

We stayed 2 three-day weekends in a row in Lake Tahoe, May 2006. The first weekend we stayed at another hotel, way too expensive and poorly located. We chose to look for other options for the following weekend.. On a walk through a pine tree lined street we found the Ambassador. The pool was sparkling clean, ready to go, with Dean Martin music playing on the outdoor speakers. The hotel was perfect. A really good price and within walking distance of everything, the lake, the casinos, and Starbucks!!!We are staying again this year and referred 5 other couples to enjoy the hotel with us.........

Stayed May 2006
1 Thank 55HAGAR55
SF
Reviewed January 7, 2007

Pros:
-----------------------
1. Very Clean
2. Good Location

Cons:
-----------------------
1. Terrible Service. Old and mean lady, with over-eagerness to lie
2. Small and depressing bathrooms. Painted blue, small and very very old.

• Liked — Cleaniness
  • Disliked — Bad customer service
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
24 Thank PGore
JanSouthLakeTahoe, Manager Jan Lourenco at Ambassador Motor Lodge, responded to this review, January 11, 2007
I am very sorry that you received bad service from me, I honestly do not want any bad feeling, I am only 50 but maybe I do appear old at times. Please forgive me, I do not want you to think I lie about anything that we provide here at Ambassador, we have a good reputation here and dont want anyone to feel disapointed like you do. I did research your name and I am sorry but I do not have you listed in my books for January. If you would kindly give me a call, so I can personally apoloize. Thank You Jan (Manager)

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

Antioch,CA
Reviewed November 13, 2006

I always stay at the Ambassador when I head to South Lake Tahoe. The rates are fantastic and the rooms are very clean. I also love the great people who run the establishment. Jan and Gil are warm caring people who make sure that your stay will be a good one. I can always count on the Ambassador to make my Lake Tahoe trip fantastic. Within a sort walking distance to all the shops and the casinos it's a terrific place to stay at. If your looking for a great place with reasonable rates then the Ambassador is the spot for you.

• Liked — great rates, clean rooms and friendly people
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006
1 Thank 4dalilone
San Francisco
Reviewed April 28, 2006

We picked this out at random and were pleasantly surprised. We got a very good rate since it was end of ski season so there were not a lot of people in South Lake Tahoe. We got a slightly above average 2* motel room with two queen beds that was clean and spacious. The decor was retro 60s/70s but everything was in good shape. The water flow on the shower was excellent although I would have preferred shampoo bottles over the small packages. I don't think there was a continental breakfast but I could be wrong about that. It was walking distance to the casinos. It was fairly quiet although if you are a light sleeper you could be woken up if people make a racket when returning from casinos. I would stay here again if the price is right.

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank giantsfan2
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 5, 2006

We stayed for just one night in an upstairs room. The hotel is set back from the main streets in a area filled with motels. I like a quiet place to sleep and was not dissapointed. The plumbing is not the best and you can hear your neighbors showering and you can hear doors slam when people come home from the casinos.
Other than that it was clean, the hot water worked, the beds were comfortable and warm enough - the blanket a little threadbare, but hey.

• Stayed February 2006