Clean, friendly staff, and the rooms have mini fridges and microwaves. What more do you want from a cheap motel in South Lake? A bit run-down, but that's to be expected, and clean makes up for it. Extra blankets and pillows available.
A-OK is the operative term here; it's a replacement-level motel; I've stayed in a lot of motels in South Lake, and they are all about the same.
The hot tub was closed (this was in the middle of winter).
They didn't mind an extra car parking here before going skiing. The woman working the front desk was pleasant.
The included wi-fi was mediocre quality.
The included breakfast started at 8 AM, and we were heading to the slopes before that, so we didn't get a chance to eat it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ambassador Motor Lodge, nestled between large pine and poplar trees, steps away from the pristine shores of Tahoe's Lake, one of the largest lakes in America. If golfing is your passion we are a breath away from the "celebrity noted" golf courses in California. "When you can stay here, why stay anywhere else" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Ambassador Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Motor Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Motel Lake Tahoe