The room was a basic budget hotel room, but there were nice touches throughout that raised it above others in that category. As an inexpensive place for the family to stay on a weekend ski trip, it was fine. There are rustic chairs and benches along the walkways outside the rooms, which weren't much use to us during the winter, but would probably be nice during a summer stay.
The front desk service was pleasant, but a little slow.
A continental breakfast was supposed to be included. On our first morning, there was only coffee, and I was told that was because there were few guests and donuts (which is apparently what comprised the continental breakfast) just went to waste when that was the case. They'd have done better to offer no "explanation" because the place was nearly full. The next morning (when the place was completely full), they had muffins and packaged pastries to go along with coffee. Not a big deal, really, but an annoyance, particularly the explanation.
What was a bigger deal was the complete lack of parking when we returned from dinner on our second night. We were eventually directed to the sister motel (the Capri) next door, where the elderly woman (who was very nice, by the way) running that place directed us to a spot on the street out front, which was a bit inconvenient, but better than nothing. I don't know where anyone arriving after us parked; I'd have been quite upset if I'd had to park several blocks away, as it initially appeared I'd have to do. Apparently snow had commandeered some of the hotel's parking spots, so be forewarned that during busy times after a snow, parking is a concern.
Overall, not a bad place among South Lake Tahoe's budget accommodations and we'd probably stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ambassador Motor Lodge, nestled between large pine and poplar trees, steps away from the pristine shores of Tahoe's Lake, one of the largest lakes in America. If golfing is your passion we are a breath away from the "celebrity noted" golf courses in California. "When you can stay here, why stay anywhere else" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Lake Tahoe Ambassador Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Motor Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Motel Lake Tahoe