Lake Tahoe Ambassador Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
7 Seas Inn at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Alpine Inn & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Basecamp South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Capri Motel(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Cedar Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Rodeway Inn Casino Center(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Blue Jay Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Roadside Inn(Lake Tahoe (California))
View Hotel
Tahoe Tropicana Lodge(Lake Tahoe (California))
View Hotel
All reviewsgrassy areacheck in was easynice place to stayheavenly gondolatahoeroomymicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2011

So, I was ok with the cracked tub door, with the lack of hair dryer (available upon request and have to return it to the front desk or they will charge you!), with the lack of tissue box and air conditioning, and difficulty of finding a parking place. All this was acceptable to me until I woke up the next morning with bed bug bites all over my arms and legs as well as my wife's. I looked under the sheets and saw bug excrement! I went to urgent care and the doctor strongly recommended that everything I had with me in the hotel has to go. Manager was rude and denied any presence of bed bugs. I strongly recommend that you avoid this hotel since you'll end up paying more in terms of medical bills and lost luggage.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SunnyvaleTraveler
Reviewed June 23, 2011

If you need a place to go in tahoe, without costing an arm and a leg...this is definatly the place!!!!!as soon as i walked into my room, i knew i had to write a reveiw..this hotel has gotten some bad reveiws, and i cannot agree. I am sure this hotel is rated 1 star only because its old,it was very very clean, spacious, and close to everything, nice pool, and private beach access. the room we got had a seperate kitchen, it was so roomey, i had 3 kids and my husband, and we had no problems at all. a very family type feel there, the pool had music playing the whole time, which gave it a very relaxed, fun, environment....the staff was super friendly...in fact i was getting ready for a wedding and needed help zipping up my dress, all i had to do was walk outside and the manger came running to my aid....the only thing i could say is that because it is older, you could hear everycar that pulled up...not a deal breaker for us. i will go back and stay there, as it met all my needs. i have kids, and so cleanliness is always an issue when choosing a room, and i was impressed, and felt comfortable!dont listen to the bad reveiws about this pace!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jankyjedi
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We were 2 families who stayed at this lovely lodge while we were touring Lake Tahoe. The check in staff were very courteous and the lodge was clean with good amenities in the room. The only negative factor was that this town has no phone network connection at all. Unless one has his notepad with him, communicating with outside is a problem. But that has nothing to do with the lodge. The family, who own his place are very nice and make one feel welcome. Would recommend it to anyone else for a stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rayo91
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Without going into all of it. The company I booked this through had it as a 2.5 - NOT!!!
Outdated & noisy. My room didn't have a fridge or micro - didn't know I had to ask for them. The heat was 'turned off', I guess 'cause it was May. The day after I left it snowed....

If you can get it cheap, go for it.

Room Tip: Ask every thing.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Kevin91313
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We booked this place in April, mid-week, when it had very few people staying there. We told them we wanted to stay 4 nights, but later decided to leave a day early. However, they charged us for the 4th day even though it was not on a weekend and the place was nearly empty. When I complained, they said they'd they would relax their policy and not charge me for leaving a day early. However, my credit card WAS charged, and when I called them, they refused to refund the overcharge. So if you decide to stay here, don't book more nights than you absolutely know you'll need. The will charge you for any unused nights unless you cancel 72 hours in advance--no exceptions.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a kitchenette.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple