“Bed Bugs and more!”

Ranked #60 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Sunnyvale, California
“Bed Bugs and more!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

So, I was ok with the cracked tub door, with the lack of hair dryer (available upon request and have to return it to the front desk or they will charge you!), with the lack of tissue box and air conditioning, and difficulty of finding a parking place. All this was acceptable to me until I woke up the next morning with bed bug bites all over my arms and legs as well as my wife's. I looked under the sheets and saw bug excrement! I went to urgent care and the doctor strongly recommended that everything I had with me in the hotel has to go. Manager was rude and denied any presence of bed bugs. I strongly recommend that you avoid this hotel since you'll end up paying more in terms of medical bills and lost luggage.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SunnyvaleTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
reno
Reviewed June 23, 2011

If you need a place to go in tahoe, without costing an arm and a leg...this is definatly the place!!!!!as soon as i walked into my room, i knew i had to write a reveiw..this hotel has gotten some bad reveiws, and i cannot agree. I am sure this hotel is rated 1 star only because its old,it was very very clean, spacious, and close to everything, nice pool, and private beach access. the room we got had a seperate kitchen, it was so roomey, i had 3 kids and my husband, and we had no problems at all. a very family type feel there, the pool had music playing the whole time, which gave it a very relaxed, fun, environment....the staff was super friendly...in fact i was getting ready for a wedding and needed help zipping up my dress, all i had to do was walk outside and the manger came running to my aid....the only thing i could say is that because it is older, you could hear everycar that pulled up...not a deal breaker for us. i will go back and stay there, as it met all my needs. i have kids, and so cleanliness is always an issue when choosing a room, and i was impressed, and felt comfortable!dont listen to the bad reveiws about this pace!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank jankyjedi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We were 2 families who stayed at this lovely lodge while we were touring Lake Tahoe. The check in staff were very courteous and the lodge was clean with good amenities in the room. The only negative factor was that this town has no phone network connection at all. Unless one has his notepad with him, communicating with outside is a problem. But that has nothing to do with the lodge. The family, who own his place are very nice and make one feel welcome. Would recommend it to anyone else for a stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rayo91
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Without going into all of it. The company I booked this through had it as a 2.5 - NOT!!!
Outdated & noisy. My room didn't have a fridge or micro - didn't know I had to ask for them. The heat was 'turned off', I guess 'cause it was May. The day after I left it snowed....

If you can get it cheap, go for it.

Room Tip: Ask every thing.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Kevin91313

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We booked this place in April, mid-week, when it had very few people staying there. We told them we wanted to stay 4 nights, but later decided to leave a day early. However, they charged us for the 4th day even though it was not on a weekend and the place was nearly empty. When I complained, they said they'd they would relax their policy and not charge me for leaving a day early. However, my credit card WAS charged, and when I called them, they refused to refund the overcharge. So if you decide to stay here, don't book more nights than you absolutely know you'll need. The will charge you for any unused nights unless you cancel 72 hours in advance--no exceptions.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a kitchenette.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skier42635
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The staff was rude, disrespectful and lied about my stay. You better check in before 10 pm or you're out of luck!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KellyReno_Nevada
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 26, 2011

rooms were clean location was great but...
in my time there trying to get my room 3 other people not including my self were given the wrong rooms. Also explain to other how he has lost some one deposit. while trying to get myself taken care of i was told i was not in the system and they ran my credit card again.
i was told there would not be another charge on my card. after all said and done. my card has been ran a total of 4 times. They had 2 pending transactions they would not collect on then after we had left the motel declined my card. after calling my credit card company they said the funds are there they need to in and collect. when calling them back and explaining that we would n0ot pay in any other form because of there pending charges they were rude! i called back a few days later to see if they had collected there payment i was told, by the manager that this had been resolved then i got a call saying they still have not received payment. i called my credit card company they said still the funds were there if they have a problem they can contact them to accept authorization. they refused saying they will wait for all charges to drop and we will then go from there. while waiting for transactions to drop my card was ran a 4th time, with out notification of any kind. why are they running my card so many time and not collecting? when calling to express my irritation to the manager/ owner he was beyond rude and only cared that they had not been paid and told me i had noting to complain about when i had not paid and had a problem with my credit card company. this instantly raised my anger. he was yelling at me the customer? i could have stayed din that room from the beginning since they deleted me from there system. but I do what right and am trying to pay. since there were already occupying double the room on my card and now i have charges because of the decline. they don't know how to handle transactions properly. they have no customer service and rude. Learn how to handle your business and your customers . .your motel inst that great!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family