“One of the best pizzas I've eaten” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Base Camp Pizza Co.

Base Camp Pizza Co.
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 2012, this is the third restaurant for the Tahoe Restaurant Group. The two established restaurants are Fireside Pizza at Squaw Valley ski resort and Rubicon Pizza at Northstar ski resort. Headed by Ted Kennedy and Marc Vaccaro, the company is commited to a relaxed, family atmosphere with great food. All locations have games for the kids to play while they are waiting for their food.Base Camp Pizza Co. is the brainchild of long time friends Ray Villaman and Ted Kennedy. Ray is a 20 year restaurant veteran including - California Pizza Kitchen, Boston Market, the California Restaurant Association and even a short time as President of Blimpies.Come by and try some of our signature dishes: Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Smokey BBQ Chicken Pizza, Thai Chicken Curry Pizza, Italian Herb Shrimp Penne, and our signature Spaghetti Bolognese with Meatballs
Corpus Christi, Texas
“One of the best pizzas I've eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Base Camp Pizza Co. located near the ski lifts @ Heavenly Ski Resor in South Lake Tahoe- couldn't be in a more appropriate place- the pizza was just that- heavenly! A friend and I were shopping in the area and trying to find the perfect place for lunch. We opted for Base Camp Pizza Co. and were glad we did! We ordered a medium make your own with sausage, pepperoni and pineapple. It was delightful. Not only was the food great, the service was just as great and the atmosphere as well. You don't want to miss this. Your trip to Heavenly isn't complete until you've tried this pizza.

1 Thank helovesmedm

New York City, New York
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I read the reviews so I had to stop by and try it.. but It's not that great as reviews sounded like. Sitting area was too tight and the space was kinda loud so I couldn't hear what my friends was saying. However I think it's really good after a long day of skiing to have a good Pizza. I loved the BBQ chicken.

But again it wasn't that great.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Glenbrook, Nevada
“Great quick lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Great location right near the gondola. Food is fresh and tasty, service is friendly and fast. Salads are good. Great place for kids. Winter has outside heaters and of can watch the ice skaters from there.

Visited April 2013
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I recently returned from a week vacation in South Lake Tahoe. We stayed at the Marriott Timber Lodge which is conveniently located only a few steps from Base Camp Pizza! It was such an awesome restaurant we ate there 3 times during the week. Not only is the food amazing but the staff is without a doubt the friendliest, most helpful, staff I have ever encountered at a restaurant!! They go above and beyond to make you feel right at home. Two of the three times we were there it was pretty busy and never did our waitresses seem flustered or even rushed. It's a very laid back atmosphere.
On our first visit we ordered the garlic chips as an appetizer-which is SO amazing! It's garlic cheese bread served with the most delicious ranch! It's thin like a pizza but cut into tiny chip-like pieces!! SO good!! So good, in fact, we ordered it every single time we went back! I ordered a personal sized pizza and it too was delicious! It's not huge but if you order an appetizer you could easily split the personal sized pizza with someone. I also ordered a Bloody Mary and again, was very very impressed!!! All three kids enjoyed their food as well! (Kids pizza-which is quite big!, chicken fingers, and penne pasta with marinara)

Our other two trips to the restaurant were just as fabulous!! Great food and amazing service! The second time we went our server, Meredith, was so very friendly and went out of her way to accommodate us. Our final night at Base Camp was wonderful as expected! Our waitress even brought wooden memory games to the table to keep the kids entertained while we waited on our food!

It is absolutely a wonderful restaurant that you shouldn't miss! The atmosphere, food, and service are astounding!! Can't wait to go back!!

1 Thank RoLin13
Modesto, Ca
“The best pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The Base Camp pizza is awesome. What a wonderful family oriented restaurant. The Greek salad was the best I have ever tasted. My fiancée and I shared the salad. For the best pizza go to Base Camp.