Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Ranked #9 of 68 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Francisco, California
“Relaxed fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

We spent a week enjoying the beach, pool, spa, flat TVs, fireplace, & work out room. The 1 bedroom unit with separate living room & kitchen was almost like home. TAKE NOTE there is a $22 daily valet parking fee. It is walking distance to casinos, Heavenly lift, shopping centers, and lake. Golf courses only a short drive away. In Sept. it is quieter than peak summer or peak winter.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jsaul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

we stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was wonderful. the staff was extremely friendly. we checked in early and our room wasn't ready. the valet staff gave us some site seeing locations that were beautiful. the room itself was spacious and comfortable. we were traveling with our 4 children ranging from 7 to 16, one of which is disabled. we found this hotel to be comfortable, spacious and exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in a unit facing the pool/courtyard area with a bedroom, living room, kitchen, balcony, and 2 bathrooms. It was wonderful to have so much space and rooms that received nice morning and afternoon sun. It' was also nice to have a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator so we could bring our own food and supplies to eat in one night while watching DVDs. The layout of the living area wasn't the best for watching the TV screen from the couch, so we moved the furniture around a little. Two window side daybed/ seating areas were comfy places to relax.

We enjoyed the swimming pool everyday. One thing about the pool I would have preferred different was the lack of a deep section but I suppose having the entire pool be 3-4.5 feet deep is safer when there are children around. We also tried the co-ed steam room across from the gym. Unfortunately, the steam room got really steamy and hot and to the point where the air became difficult to breathe for both of us.

One big negative for me was the bed. My husband slept fine but I could not get comfortable at all. Whatever position I tried to lay down in, my lower back would become very painful. I don't know if this is because my hips couldn't sink into the bed enough or some other reason. The bed is probably not a problem for most people though.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful when we asked for directions or information about local activities. We received a coupon book for discounts at various places. The premises were always very clean. The hotel is centrally located to many shops, restaurants, the lake, and casinos. We walked to breakfast and shopping at the local supermarket. In spite of the issues I had with the bed, I would still recommend staying here for the amenities and convenience.--I'll just bring my own pillow and a travel mattress next time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

This condo-hotel has lovely well appointed units. The pool centers the property and is attractive from the units. It is easy to get to the major casinos, just a block or so away. There are restaurants and other amenities nearby.

The only drawback we saw - the parking options were valet at $22 per day - or - they directed you to park in the free lot maintained by the hotel next door and the casino next to it, neither of which was affiliated with Marriott!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

My fiance and I visited Lake Tahoe for a leisurely Labor Day weekend vacation. Our stay at the Grand Residence was flawless! It's a beauitful facility, and close to just about everything! We rented (i.e. we're not time share owners and were never solicted to become them) a studio and enjoyed having a full kitchen; we stopped at nearby Safeway and bought breakfast and lunches so we could eat healthier and save money! The valet parking price is a bit steep, but I always do my research before booking and was prepared to pay. Everyone who I dealt with was unbelievably friendly - the front desk staff wished us to have fun when we left and the valet always asked if we needed directions. It was a wonderful vacation and I would definitely return!

Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

We just returned a few days ago from our stay at the Mariott Grand Residence Club. I have to say that our experience was top notch! Each employee that we encountered was friendly and very much customer service oriented! The room was very clean, comfortable, and spacious. My husband and I were traveling with our teenage daughter (13) and niece (12). They enjoyed the pool each day. You absolutely can not beat the location. It was within walking distance of pretty much everywhere we wanted to go, with the exception of the beach, which was a few minutes drive away. We can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
sonoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

The location to stateline is good, but its very expensive, and had an extremely small closet.
We asked for a room near the elevator so my partner would not have to walk a long distance, because of a of a severe limp from back surgery, but we had to walk a long distance to get to the elevator and then an additional long distance to get to our room.
In addition,I was not told when I made the reservations, and subsequently very upset, about the charge of $22.00 a night for parking. I did complain via email, twice, but the response showed little care of our situation.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 8 in Stateline
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,647 reviews

Been to Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.

Property: Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Address: 1001 Heavenly Village Way, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150-7068 (Formerly Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe)
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Spa Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#4 Business Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#5 Family Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#8 Romantic Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
Hotel Class:4 star — Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe