“Great Condos in Great Locations”

Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Texas
“Great Condos in Great Locations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

This condo-hotel has lovely well appointed units. The pool centers the property and is attractive from the units. It is easy to get to the major casinos, just a block or so away. There are restaurants and other amenities nearby.

The only drawback we saw - the parking options were valet at $22 per day - or - they directed you to park in the free lot maintained by the hotel next door and the casino next to it, neither of which was affiliated with Marriott!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

My fiance and I visited Lake Tahoe for a leisurely Labor Day weekend vacation. Our stay at the Grand Residence was flawless! It's a beauitful facility, and close to just about everything! We rented (i.e. we're not time share owners and were never solicted to become them) a studio and enjoyed having a full kitchen; we stopped at nearby Safeway and bought breakfast and lunches so we could eat healthier and save money! The valet parking price is a bit steep, but I always do my research before booking and was prepared to pay. Everyone who I dealt with was unbelievably friendly - the front desk staff wished us to have fun when we left and the valet always asked if we needed directions. It was a wonderful vacation and I would definitely return!

Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

We just returned a few days ago from our stay at the Mariott Grand Residence Club. I have to say that our experience was top notch! Each employee that we encountered was friendly and very much customer service oriented! The room was very clean, comfortable, and spacious. My husband and I were traveling with our teenage daughter (13) and niece (12). They enjoyed the pool each day. You absolutely can not beat the location. It was within walking distance of pretty much everywhere we wanted to go, with the exception of the beach, which was a few minutes drive away. We can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
sonoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

The location to stateline is good, but its very expensive, and had an extremely small closet.
We asked for a room near the elevator so my partner would not have to walk a long distance, because of a of a severe limp from back surgery, but we had to walk a long distance to get to the elevator and then an additional long distance to get to our room.
In addition,I was not told when I made the reservations, and subsequently very upset, about the charge of $22.00 a night for parking. I did complain via email, twice, but the response showed little care of our situation.

Victoria, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and I made plans to go to Lake Tahoe, and didn't want to stay at a Casino Hotel, but wanted to be near shopping and activity. We selected the Marriott Grand Residence Club. It is within walking distance of the South casino's, shopping, a movie theater, and various places to grab a bite to eat. The lobby area is large and comfortable. We selected a one bedroom, two bath suite. It was beautiful. It had two fireplaces, one in the Master Bedroom and one in the Living Room area. The kitchen was fully stocked with small appliances including a crock pot. They supplied dishsoap and laundry detergent. I know that when we travel, my husband wakes early while I wish to sleep in a bit. With the arrangement of this suite. I slept in peace while he went and made coffee, watched TV, and used one bath. It was perfect for meeting all our needs. The valet parking is not truly optional, and does cost $20.00 a night, but it's free to get it brought to you 100 times a day if you simply ask. It is covered parking, and all the valet staff were super. The pool area was clean and very nice. It is a smoke free property. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank aggiemom20002000
Fremont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

I recently traveled to Lake Tahoe and i stayed here for a week through Interval International last minute getaway. Overall it was a positive experience. It had a nice pool with 2 Hot tubs and it was great.

Pros:
* Close to the Heavenly village, Shopping and Food.
* Nice rooms & clean rooms.
* Free internet and Free beach pass.
* Some nice activities arranged by hotel (we took a power walk)

Cons:
* Not a friendly front desk. (asked for a change in room type, and they couldn't help)
* No Room service. You have to pay if you are exchanging through Timeshare.
* Towel Service available, but not friendly.
* No parking. Only valet which costs $22/per day.
* Spa was not that great (Very small)

Still I would recommend this Place for its location, cleanliness and views.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Marriott Grand Residence in So. Lake Tahoe and were extremely pleased with the hotel. I've posted pictures because the ones I saw posted previously don't do it justice. We stayed in a 1 bedroom, 2 ba suite with a full kitchen. Here's why we LOVE this hotel:
1-Beautiful, updated, warm room with pull out sofa, leather chair, fireplace, dining table and kitchen.. Very roomy, beautiful kitchen w/ granite counters. Our kids ages 12 & 9 decided to sleep on the wide window seats on either side of the fireplace instead of the pull out sofa (see pictures).
2-Separate bedroom with its own fireplace, tv and a nice size jetted tub.
3-Beautiful hotel all around, and great location right next to cinema, gondola, shopping, many restaurants, Raley's, Starbuck's & beach. I asked to see the room first before checking in. I had asked for a lake view room but the rooms facing the lake don't have a water view. We were above the street, but in the distance we had a great view of two sets of snow capped mountains. We did hear a bit of street traffic at night, but not excessive. We always put the temperature control on "fan" for the benefit of white noise that helps us sleep at night. The pool view rooms would be nice too, or gondola view (& maybe a little quiter). I preferred the street/mountain view.
4-The bellman informed us that the laundry machines operate for free even though it looks like you have to put coins in, and room service provides Tide. Nice bonus since we just finished 4 days camping.
5-Beautiful, large pool, with two jacuzzis. The spa looked nice too with a variety of services. Also, I didn't notice that they advertised it online, but there is quite a variety of kids activities during the day and evening that are very reasonably priced. Ex: jewelry making for 1 1/2 hrs for maybe $15?, nature walks, nature crafts $10-15?, and other activities up to about $25 per kid.
6-No pressure or even mention of buying a time share.
7-Nice bath amenities from Bath & Body works.
8-Both rooms have their own bathroom, and one has a tub/shower, the master has a shower and a jacuzzi/jetted tub. There are also two fireplaces & tv's, one in each room.
8-Looks like every room has a balcony but ours was off the bedroom.

This is truly a beautiful hotel. We've stayed at some nice places, like Squaw Valley Resort and a comparable 1 bedroom room was at least $100 more. We also like Embassy Suites but thought we'd try something different this time. We want to come back to this Marriott every year now. The only thing negative would be the gal at the front desk who works in the afternoon because she was not very friendly. Everyone else was great. Also, there is a $22 valet parking fee per day which is a lot. However, when I compared Embassy suites rates without parking & breakfast, this hotel's rates were still less. And Squaw Valley is much more than both hotels. I think we got a better rate with AAA and because we stayed mid June, before summer high season. I do hours of research before booking a hotel, and thanks to tripadvisor we have been very fortunate on our vacations.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,951 reviews

Been to Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.

Property: Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Address: 1001 Heavenly Village Way, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150-7068 (Formerly Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe)
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Spa Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#4 Business Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#5 Family Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#8 Romantic Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
Hotel Class:4 star — Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe