Way below par! I've stayed at Marriott's various different hotels throughout the US. Other than location, this one has nothing other than the high fees for various services. A brief list:
1) The bed (something Marriott generally prides them selves on), was the worst bed I've ever slept on. This was NOT the Marriott standard; but, something more in line with what I would expect from Motel6!
2) Broken and non-working fixtures. Items such as a light (which may of actually been dangerous) didn't work and had loose electrical parts. The fireplace wasn't even connected properly and was not functional. Fan in the bathroom failed.
3) Poor construction - Don't try to close the door on the closet, as your clothes DON'T fit. Wow, I've never seen anything like this; but, the hangers hang out of the door! Just Weird!
4) Unprepared - Despite having a reservation for 4 (2 kids), the sofa bed had no sheets ready. 20 minutes after a call, we finally received low end polyester-cotton (50/50) blend sheets and poly blankets.
Other than being located at the Heavenly lift, I see nothing good about this hotel. Next time I'll try the *real* Marriott, as this is a big waste of money, time and travel!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Marriott Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Marriott