“Great location, Easy access to slopes”

Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Livermore, California
“Great location, Easy access to slopes”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Took my family, wife & two kids 9 & 12, to Marriott Grand in Tahoe last weekend. The service was impeccable, the pool and hot tub were heated and hot as advertised. The accommodations were great, we had pots/pans, silverware, cups and glasses; everything you could want. The family especially enjoyed the fireplace in each room. The whirlpool bathtub got used extensively and we just really enjoyed our time there. We were just a stones throw away from the gondola at heavenly, we never had to get in the car to eat or ski the whole weekend. It was GREAT. The only blemish on the entire trip is that the mattress in the bedroom was of the hard stiff type. In the last 6 months we have stayed at other Marriott's in San Francisco, Intercontinental, The W brand hotel, Peppermill in Reno to name a few. I have never slept on a more uncomfortable mattress. Now, maybe it was me, after all the last ski lift ticket on my jacket said Dec. 26, 1999. So maybe after all day on the slopes I was more sore than normal, but if you don't sleep well on firm mattresses, I would mention it when you make your reservation. Aside from that I give the resort a 9.5 out of 10. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nick C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bells, Tennessee
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I recently completed a 3 night stay at the Marriott Grand Residence Club in South Lake Tahoe, and I would highly recommend it. We were originally placed into a "Studio" room, however I thought I had booked a 1 Room with Kitchen. After talking with the front desk, they allowed us to move rooms without any problems. This is a perfect location if you plan to ski at Heavenly. The gondola is located about 20 yards from the side door. We really enjoyed the two hot tubs after a long day of skiing. Also the club is centrally located to all the places that you would eat and drink.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott whilst skiing Heavenly and it is an easy choice. The hotel is about 1-2 minutes walk to the gondola and equally close to ski shops and rentals. If you want to minimise the hassle, then this is an easy choice. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, which had a separate living area with pull out sofa, so very comfortable for 4. There is a generous kitchen with double door fridge, oven and dining area, plus 2 bathrooms. We previously stayed a the adjacent Marriott Lodge, but fond it noisy by comparison and not as well designed. The free laundry is a bonus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Svensky
Dallas, TX
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay tremendously. A few comments:
1) When I booked a "studio" room, I had a feeling it was going to be small. That's just what I think of when I think of "studio". Our room was anything but small. We had a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, kitchen sink, coffee pot as well as a blender and plenty of dishes as well as a small dining table. Also had a humidifier in the room, which was a nice perk because I've stayed in other ski resorts where you had to call and ask for one. Our dishes were cleaned daily when our room was cleaned.
2) So many walkable restaurants as well as other things to do. We only had a rental car on the first and last day of our trip. Three days in the middle were fine without a rental car as there is so much within a VERY short walking distance.
3) No casino on the premises which was a nice bonus as my wife does not like casinos. I did a little bit of gambling and it was a short walk. The lobby as well as our room were very quiet which we enjoyed.
4) Staff were all very courteous and helpful.

A few minor glitches:
1) Wife booked a massage and the day she was scheduled the resort's spa was closed and she was sent to their "sister" spa facility. It was not far but she was not overly impressed with the atmosphere, although the massage was good she didn't like the facility itself.
2) When I called the facility to ask a few questions before we booked, I was told it is a "ski in, ski out" resort. While the gondola is literally steps away, there are no ski slopes to "ski in" to the resort. It's a 15 minute ride on the gondola before you are actually at the slopes. This wasn't a big issue for us but it was a tiny bit misleading the way it was described.
3) As many other reviewers have mentioned, the overnight parking fee was a bit steep ($26). We were well aware of this going in and the price of the room was very reasonable for the quality of the resort so we weren't too bothered by it.

Despite the above on the whole we were extremely pleased and would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone.

1 Thank DFWTravelerDallas_TX
Medford Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in the summer but if you are a skier, this is the place to stay- its right at the base of the lift
We had a two bedroom suite that was connected by a living room and kitchen. It was like a private condo and I could stay there for months! The location is excellent - close to casinos, restaurants, beach, shopping - everything within walking distance.
Would love to go back!

• Stayed July 2012
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here in January. As we wanted to ski Heavenly, location is excellent...right next to Gondola. We are Marriott owners and are used to the brand. They are top notch in quality and service. We have never had a really bad experience at a Marriott. Staff, as usual is well trained, friendly, and helpful. They make you feel appreciated and that they are glad you are staying with them. The staff at Grand Residence is no different. Eating options are abundant and reasonably priced within walking distance. If we return to Tahoe, we will definitly be back.

Room Tip: Pool/Skating rink side are the best. Try to stay away from road side.
1 Thank RobertLivonia_MI
Kamuela
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the Marriott Grand Residence Club. This was a skiing vacation and the Marriott is definitely a great place to stay--great staff. So convenient to walk out of our condo and be steps away from the Gondola, no driving required. Super experience!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
#7 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.

Property: Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Address: 1001 Heavenly Village Way, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150-7068 (Formerly Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe)
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Spa Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#4 Business Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#5 Family Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#8 Romantic Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
Hotel Class:4 star — Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Vacatia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe