Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Jose, Ca
“Awesome Spot”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed over the Holiday weekend, 2 couples and 2 children, in a 2 bd. 3 Bath Unit. The Unit is 1,300 sq. ft and the rooms are on opposite ends, with the living area in the middle. I truly liked the set up. We are very familiar with this kind of time/share, condo set up, and I think that they are all pretty similar, however this was the first time we had the grandparents with us, and so I got to experience how well the 2 room set up works. I really felt it worked really well. I had no complaints about the rooms, the facility in general and the staff. The rooms were clean and well appointed, 3 baths, 3 flat screens. Plenty of dishes and coffee pots. These rooms faced the ice ring and the "center" of the Village. We really loved to sit at the table and watch the Ice Skaters and hear the music, it really felt like we were in a small village. Plenty of choices to eat, and on Sunday night we had smores by the fire pit. Nice Place to stay, close to the Gondolas, to restaurants and shops. Plenty to do for the whole family. I would highly recommend it and we will definetely stay again.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, ask for a higher floor, so that the view is better.
1 Thank MOMof2SanJose_Ca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
chicago
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The location of this place is great. Right next to gondola of heavenly. However, it is a weird gondola in that it is a download gondola i.e. you can not ski down to base. It is right at the base of the village and has everything you could really want. national coffee chain, mom and pop breakfast, pizza joints, bars so you really do not need a car. Local bar across the street is good. We were there for new years eve and it was the best celebration ever right outside (band, ice sculptures, fire dancers gondola drop and done by 9!
The staff is super friendly. The rooms pretty nice. Hot tubs and pool area were great (except sun goes behind mountain early). There is not really an a'pres-ski feel in the village.
This is a family property and can get slightly chaotic so be prepared for that.

1 Thank DudsyJ
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We spent the Christimas holidays at this Marriot property. No major complains about the hotel. Good facilities (gym, lounges) and well equiped apartment thas was enought to accomodate 2 couples and 2 children.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here in mid-Dec 2012 after a series of snow storms loaded up the mountain with powder early.

Service - top notch, the staff went out of their way for me. Even though you are not supposed to carry ski gear into the rooms, the concierge actually carried my skis for me to my room. They did everything I asked for and did it promptly. I sprained my ankle on my last day of skiing and was unable to walk that night. Concierge went out to a pharmacy for me and bought me compression bandages, ibuprofen, and beer. They also handled my dinner which I had delivered to the hotel (they walked up the delivery people to my room so I could sign for it since I used a card). Yes, I did tip on this occasion :) All in all, I was extremely pleased with the service. Valet was responsive at all hours for in/out of parking garage (although I have issues on pricing with this, see below).

Price - I got an early season special since it was pre-season. Granted, snow does not always cooperate with pricing schedules. So I paid $90/night for walk on access to the gondola with several feet of fresh, untouched powder and no lines. All in all, pricing is very reasonable. My only beef on pricing is the $26/day valet charge - really? I mean, really? 1/4 of my bill was parking charges...

Room - Rooms are quite nice in my opinion. Although as a single guy, I really do not need much.

Amenities - Spa facilities were mediocre, but not bad. The hot tub/pool was great though. Only complaint was the security guard had a bad attitude when he came out to kick us out of the hot tub at 10 pm. We understood he was doing his job and no one said anything bad, but the way he started that conversation was extremely negative. Poor attitude and there was no need to be combative since no one was fighting it. Sauna was good. Steam room was weird as it worked some times and not others. Internet service was very good. Location to Gondola was Heavenly :) its right there. Stores, services (like Ski instruction), etc. are attached to or next door to the Grand Residences, so if you are renting skis or taking lessons, this is where you want to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank dracop9
Takoma Park, Maryland
Reviewed January 7, 2013

It is certainly a nice hotel with very solicitous staff, comfortable beds and a good location next to the gondola. This is all about location. The little village created by Marriott features a range of independent restaurants and boutiques. All nice and with a range of prices. The pool and hot tubs are nice. Having hot apple cider and fresh cookies available in the lobby is nice. But, if I'm going to Tahoe somehow I don't expect to have a room that features nonstop traffic noise from cars and trucks rumbling by 24 hours per day. I also don't expect it to take me an more than hour to get to ski. Between a huge line at the gondola, the long ride up the mountain, and then more standing in a lift line, it was not a stellar ski experience.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the street side at all costs.
2 Thank baysail
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Marriott Grand Residences is an amazing hotel. Truly what you would expect (and more) from a snow field lodge type place. We stayed there just before Christmas, the the entrance to the hotel and the interior was all decorated with Christmas trees and wreaths etc. Check in staff were great, and the room was spectacular. It was just my partner and myself traveling, so we were used to smallish studio rooms, but at the Marriott it had a bed, a balcony, a dining table and chairs, a kitchen and a spacious bathroom.

Staff were always helpful. They have a lobby desk, for all hotel matters, and they also have a concierge desk for anything you need outside of the hotel, like directions, things to do, tours etc. Connie from concierge was fantastic, recommended us go to Eagle Falls for the view and gave us directions, and it turned out to be great.

The location of the hotel is awesome. On one side of the hotel is the gondola up the ski fields, and on the other side is small shopping area, with a supermarket and starbucks etc. The shops on the ground level on the outside of the hotel include Heavenly Sports (where you get skis and snowboard hire from), and Patagonia Sports (where we got skiing clothing from, only $10 per day per item which was great).

All in all, a fantastic stay and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Gondola view room was very nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tom U
So. California
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Steps off the gondola, and in Heavenly village, this place has a great location. The staff was some of the nicest I've ever met...the villas or suites as they call them were fine...but I did miss having a stacked washer and dryer as they have at most other Marriott Vacation club locals.
The grocery store is just across the street if you want to pick up some food, and the movie theaters are also within Heavenly village, so again...very convenient. It made for a very nice stay. We look forward to going back.
P.S. This is less busy and more relaxed than the Tiber Lodge property by marriott just on the other side of the gondola. We have stayed at both, but prefer the grand residences.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 5 in Olympic Valley
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
#1 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.

Property: Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Address: 1001 Heavenly Village Way, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150-7068 (Formerly Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe)
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Spa Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#4 Business Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#5 Family Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#8 Romantic Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
Hotel Class:4 star — Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe