“Parking situation Sucks”

Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Parking situation Sucks”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

26 dollars a day + tips really sucks, when your staying at the hotel and spending money. Be ready when you arrive they will automatically put this on your credit card, for how many day that you are staying. Park next doors at harris casino. 26 dollars a day +tips sucks. As far as everything else service room location etc, great, we would stay there again. It's a principal thing with me 26 dollars a day +tips SUCKS. Another then that I would reccomend this, with a strong warning on the parking situation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank brian d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Redding, California
Reviewed September 19, 2012

What an amazing weekend get away with my husband on our anniversary. Always a toss up as we kept wishing our kids were there to enjoy such a great room, pool, etc. We can't wait to go back this winter with the whole family to hit Heavenly which is in more than convenient proximity. I am extremely picky in regards to customer service, room comfort, noise etc. We had a room on 2nd floor facing the pool. The noise from the pool area during the day led us to keeping the windows shut, but not a deal breaker. Didn't get to enjoy the fresh mountain air, but at least with the windows shut it was quiet despite the noise. Weather was perfect, we enjoyed the pool/spa our last morning and the fire pit in the pool area was also a nice place to sit and relax. My husband took advantage of the spa on site for a massage. Massage was great but overpriced as would be expected at a resort/hotel. I was quite surprised that the Marriott didn't have standards as far as the employee's manning the front desk in the spa. Very unprofessional and appeared as though she just rolled out of bed. I could've lived with that but when a few of them were standing at the front counter complaining about co-workers and being "sick of the place and the crap" I was a bit taken back. They must not be doing too bad for an hour massage at $125 a pop.... After they made my husbands appointment and took him back to show him where to get ready etc, they proceeded to tell him after he was headed to the massage room (in his robe) that they goofed and didn't have a massage therapist for him. After about 20 minutes and him undressing & redressing twice, they were able to get one down there to keep his appointment, but no offer to give him any kind of a discount for the mass confusion and inconvenience. This is truly my only complaint, definitely not Marriott standard and I was a bit puzzled by it.

Hotel is is a perfect location. Great walking distance to casinos (two blocks) and lots of great shops on same block as hotel. Raley's, Subway and some other good places right across the street for the icing on the cake. All of which are perfect for people traveling with kids etc.

We had amazing meals each day... Burger place between Harrahs & MontBlue on the strip (something "beaver") was by far the best burger I've ever had. Place is a pub/eatery, service ok, a bit noisy, but burger well worth it! It's also open 24 hours which was great since we got into town so late on our 1st night. Also had a fabulous steak dinner @ The Sage Room in Harveys. Service was outstanding, steak was even better. Be sure to make a reservation in advance!

I booked our stay via http://heavenlyvillagecondos.com/Lake_Tahoe_Condos_For_Rent.html which saved us the $26 valet/parking fee and allowed us to pick which room & layout we wanted. Room rates themselves even seemed less then what the hotel's website offered. Tim replied to my questions very quickly and our reservation was booked seamlessly. We will definitely be repeat customers and look forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: Pool view room "ok", a bit noisy at times, but it's better than the rooms I noticed th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jane Y
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I needed to stay overnight in South Lake for a business meeting and needed a place with a fridge. I was more than pleased by the Grand Residence at Heavenly Village. I was upgraded to a King-sized studio, and it was huge! Everything was beautifully appointed and very clean. The valet parking is expensive, but luckily there are great restaurants in the village within a few steps of the hotel and you get discounts at many of them. Because I stayed midweek in September, the price was great, but I imagine it's much more in winter. I will definitely stay here again if I have another business trip to the area!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank stephabelle
Stanfield, Oregon
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with some friends over Memorial Weekend in 2012. We shared a suite, which was bigger than the average apartment! The rooms are beautiful and have amazing views. The hotel is very clean and the staff is extremely friendly. There is no on-site self parking, so we ended up using valet, which was convienent despite the extra cost. There are so many things to do when you walk out the door, from the gandola to shopping and so much more. The hotel is very large and we did not know if there was a restaurant on site. We didn't use the pool because it was snowing outside, but several other people seemed to enjoy it. I will gladly stay here again because it's very family friendly, but romantic and nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank brandnic9
Sunnyvale, CA
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I spend 3 nights at the Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe for a weekend getaway, our room # was 3102. The room amenities are good especially for family with kids, the extra fold out bed, sofa bed, and kitchen are well appointed. The hotel staffs were friendly, and the valet service was quick (we called 5 mins ahead of time).

There were a few things we did not like about the hotel. First, no one explained to us about the room cleaning service. Apparently by the bedroom table there is a piece of paper explaining the 4 different services which we did not discover until the 2nd day, in addition we’re curious why the bathroom supplies and towels were not replenished, and trashcans in bathroom and kitchen were not emptied. As part of the check-in process, they should explain this service for guest especially new guest staying at the Marriott Grand Residence Club. Second, both living space and bedroom fireplace uses a timer, which is fine but it gets annoying hearing the timer sound, unfortunately the living space fireplace did not work. Third, if you prefer a piece and quiet stay, try to get a room that is not facing the pool, our room 3102 faces the pool and it got a bit annoying hearing drunk adult screaming by the hot tub.

We probably will not return to the Marriott Grand Residence Club, with the price we paid ($325 per night) we will try other hotel in other parts of Tahoe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dontlosemyluggage
Lees Summit, Mo
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,280 helpful votes
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very good rooms here but the service I not very friendly. The check in staff was great but when I would stop by for info they were not helpful. They have sone good places to et but a real disappointment was that Wolfgang pucks express had closed. Too bad because that w a great place. I talked to several people and they agree that Marriott should do everything they could to entice Wolfgang pucks back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank postrawb
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my first trip to Lake Tahoe and the hotel and lake both lived up to my expectations. I'm a bit of a Marriott snob, having achieved Gold status with them for the last few years, and on my way to Platinum status this year. This is one of the top 5 properties I've stayed at.

We stayed here for 4 nights in late August. The concierge was immensely helpful in planning activities for my wife and I. We didn't want a stressful time, so we didn't do much planning ahead of time. We literally showed up and said "what are some can't miss activities". They recommended that we take a day, drive around the lake (incredible), visit Sandy Harbor Beach on the North West shore (NV side), and set up a lunch cruise on the last day.

The pool is great, it's kept heated, around 82-85 F I think. Hot tubs were a little toasty, 106 maybe, but still enjoyable. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed sitting out by the gas fire pit as well, reading and enjoying the fresh mountain air.

As for the spa, we're sorry to report that we didn't test it out.

I didn't know this before I arrived, but the property are timeshares, so we had a studio room, but there are also 1 and 2 BRs, with various combinations of bathrooms. Even the studio had a full kitchen and an eating area, and it didn't feel too cramped in the bedroom.

Two complaints: Valet parking was $26 a day. Again, having been at Marriotts all over the country (both business and pleasure) I can see this being a fair price in the winter time, wanting to limit your exposure to the elements. But in the summer time, $26 is a ripoff. Especially because we timed our visit for the "low" season...kids were back in school and they aren't yet in winter. $15 for valet parking would have been more appropriate. Do your research ahead of time, there are additional places to park within a short walk of the hotel, if you don't mind the walk.

My other complaint was the lack of a "concierge lounge" for high level Marriott members like myself. It's nice in other hotels to have that free, quality breakfast, but also a small oasis to get away and just unwind.

Overall though, an excellent stay and highly recommended for the South Side of Lake Tahoe. I would stay here again, and my wife and I are considering a return trip for the winter season.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a view, I think the larger your room type the better your view. I had a st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,063 reviews

Been to Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.

Property: Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Address: 1001 Heavenly Village Way, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150-7068 (Formerly Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe)
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Spa Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#4 Business Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#5 Family Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#8 Romantic Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
Hotel Class:4 star — Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe