“nasty gross I would never stay thereagain nor recommend it to my worst enemy...”

Stateline Economy Inn & Suites
Ranked #63 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed November 11, 2013

lets start out in the the room was completely disgusting dirty sheets dirty floors there was condom wrappers and trashunder the bed and there was trash in every drawer...my wife when even hardly walk on the floor it was so nasty the beds were uncomfortable with no fitted sheets that just slid in that the dad was nasty...I went and asked the attendant or owner for more covers cuz it was cold and he was extremely rude about getting me them and the free continental breakfast well let's just say I got up at 730 in the morning and they were still closed they didn't open the office tel: almost 9 o'clock..overall this was the worst hotel stay I am ever stayed in. And I have stayed and hundreds and hundreds of the hotels and motels this is the worst for five more dollars stay at another motel close by

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank pvilleguy35
Vijay P, Owner at Stateline Economy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

VJ .P

There are newer reviews for Stateline Economy Inn & Suites

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Economy Inn recently during a family vacation and we were pleasantly surprised! Great rates! Clean and comfortable rooms! Close to everything! Friendly staff! Will be staying again for next years vacation!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This aint the 5 star Marriot right across the street - but it will do. No cigarette or old funky motel smells - Also, all the rooms seem to have been remodeled - Apparently mngt is new. My room did not look like any of the old pictures I have seen online - Sliding glass shower doors, granite tops, Rerfig, Micro, Iron and the room was larger than most. Yeah - a few dings and the carpet is a tad bit tired, but not too bad - its a ski town near all the action for a budget price. I looked at a few other budget motels close to economy, but to save $5 they were not as nice imo. Great location - Quite, Tree Lined streets - close to the beach (free access btw) and all the restaurants and shops are right across the street!. Owners seem nice enough - I spoke to one who said they were trying to be one of the best low cost motels in the area. I liked that the parking lot was large so you could get in and out easily and yet keep an eye on things. Well lighted. I saw a camera for security and safety - and couple of patrols thru the area A good sign - I noticed nice homes nearby and upscale hotels all blended together. If looking for a good deal, pretty clean place and excellent location - snag it if they have a special ie off season or Sunday-Thursday. Infact, when you call or come to the office, ask if they running the "mid town special" - it's not advertised usually offered randomly. Mine was pretty cool - I won't spoil the surprise, but It was a nice touch. I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank robert b
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Hi my wife and I stayed hear when we where up in south Lake Tahoe. I have to say they are the nicest people to stay with. Rooms are clean, beads are great and smells good not like most places do. And don't forget the breakfast. If you are up in south Lake Tahoe make sure you stay hear you won't be disappointed with your stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steven M
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very cheap . Walking distance to the gondola, casino, beach and much more. The breakfast we had cereal and milk. Orange juice also donuts. It's looks the way the pictures are on the orbitz.
Pool is to repair condition. But we were in Tahoe to enjoy our two day Labor Day weekend.
The manager at the office is very help. He also give us the free beach pass to lakeside beach.
In my room I had fridge and microwave. Rooms are clean they clean our room and had fresh towel. Shower had good water pressure. I want say more good thing about this motel very basic.
Clean and comfortable. I will let my so many friends and family highly I recommend .

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are more good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ushuaia2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a terrible facility! Don't Trust Hotwire!!!
Dirty and Disgusting! Broken things in the room!
This "motel" was terrible. I took pictures. The fire alarm detector was missing on the ceiling, there was no A/C, the bathroom door wasn't on hinges, the shower head piece that attached to the wall would spray straight out at you for a few seconds before coming out of the shower head itself. The bottom of the shower floor had tons of dirt or dirt stains on it. The bed was broken, stains on the floor, very dirty and disgusting. The fridge had something that looked like mold in the edge of the inside of the door area. The pool was empty, dirty looking, and very much dry like it had been empty for a long while. The "breakfast" offered started at 8AM and was two different kinds of cereals with a milk jug next to them in the main office. There was coffee next to the cereal also. In the room was a little coffee pot, with no coffee to make or coffee cups. Not even close to being worth what we paid for one night in this "motel." The paint was chipped off some parts of the walls as well. The towels that were in the bathroom looked very dingy and yellowish and were mismatched on the colors. They looked old and one was white the others dingy yellow. Only good about it was that it was very near where we needed to go, which was the Harvey's within walking distance. Was in a great location. Was very disappointed with this facility.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzann S
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Horrible service, dirty rooms, no water in the swimming pool......they should disclose this as we specifically wanted a hotel with a pool for our family vacation. Everything is in poor condition, they did not let us store our luggage until check in. Worst hotel ever...I would give it a negative star rating if I could. Definitely not a remodeled hotel. I have never written a review before but I was compelled to do so.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Rodessa N
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Rodeway Inn Casino Center
#35 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#42 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Best Choice Inn South Lake Tahoe
Best Choice Inn South Lake Tahoe
#45 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#76 of 119 in Lake Tahoe (California)
Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Area
Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Are...
#55 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Travelers Inn & Suites
Travelers Inn & Suites
#37 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Stateline Economy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!