“Clean, Great Rooms , Great Service”
Review of Sunray Tahoe Hotel

Sunray Tahoe Hotel
Ranked #54 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Loved our stay with the kids at Econolodge. Great value for the money and best value in tahoe!! Really clean and really good service. Loved the room. Everything was and looked new. Would love to come back and stay again with our kids. Take my advice and take a look!
Overall a 5/5

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had to rent 5 rooms. All the popular hotels and motels were booked. I settled for this one. I read bad reviews and I had no choice. We show up and first this I noticed, it had a nice maintained lawn and gazebo. The lobby and breakfast area was nice and clean. All of my rooms were really clean and nice. The bathrooms all had marble tiles. This place has one star prices for Tahoe but three star rooms. In my other Tahoe experiences, I had paid $79 for one stars. Here I paid $55. I was told that if you book a month in advance, you get rooms cheaper. They even have weekday rooms for $30. The staff was super helpful and room service did a good job cleaning. I stayed 2 and a half days. Five miles away was camp Richardson, the most popular camping and beach area and three miles away was Nevada and the main casino and nightclubs. There are eating area everywhere on the same street and even a wine tasting place and down town shopping near casinos. All five rooms were different because of pricing but good rooms. I will return.
-V.S.V.

Room Tip: ask if you can get a room with a fireplace. They are the nice ones.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Virk123
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great value for the money. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. We were treated very kindly and the customer service was wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The older room had the basics. The room had a noisy air conditioner but if we shut it off and opened the balcony door, it was noisy. There were suspicious groups of people gathering behind the hotel at night that were not hotel guests.
The up side is the location. I walked to the Lake at Sunrise and we could walk to a couple of restaurants that were enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just enjoyed our second multi-night stay (Jan and Mar) in South Shore this winter season. Great property with very friendly staff and management. Easy access to anywhere we needed to go in Tahoe. Super affordable! Let Narinder and his staff accommodate you next time in Tahoe!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dwayne K
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Upon arriving late at night during one of the coldest weekends in Tahoe history, we were less than thrilled to learn that the room to which we were assigned did not have heat. Even less thrilling was the visit from the "maintenance" man who confirmed that we had no heat but could do nothing about it. After the maintenance man spent several minutes on the phone with the manager, it seemed as if we were going to get a different room.

The manager assured us that he would be over within five minutes with keys to a new, heated room. Ten minutes later, I had to call him to ask where he was. Another ten minutes later, I was at the front door of his office, collecting a new key.

The second room was worse than the first: not only did it not have heat, it also didn't have power. There was just enough light shining in from the outside lights to make out a bed with no sheets.

One star for not making a fuss out of giving me a refund.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth K
Reviewed January 25, 2013

What a great value! I stayed for a week and enjoyed the close proximity to Heavenly and many shops and restaurants. I liked the staff and my overall experience and I will be back to stay here as the price and the location are unbeatable.
The only con I experienced is spotty internet service offered by the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Eddie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#75 of 118 in Lake Tahoe (California)
National 9 Inn - South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#41 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
#42 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Tahoe Valley Lodge
Tahoe Valley Lodge
#35 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Sunray Tahoe Hotel? Share your experiences!