“Do not stay here if you are used to a decent hotel and good service”

Green Lantern Inn & Suites
Ranked #56 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Tenby, United Kingdom
“Do not stay here if you are used to a decent hotel and good service”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed here as it was difficult to find somewhere for the saturday night at a decent price. Ended up paying £90 sterling for a 2 double bed room with small shower room. Very dark and claustrophobic. Clean but so old that it was really past the point where it would look good and is well overdue for a facelift. Air conditioning worked okay. Noisy night as people arrived. Staff at reception rather vague. I had to ask for the beach pass which came with the room and where the pool was (which was not that clean). I also had to go back to get extra pillows and towels as not enough in room. We couldn't wait to leave and were ready at 7.30 - no breakfast as promised as does not start until 8.00am which is rather late by all other hotel standards. Simply not worth the money - pay a bit more and stay somewhere with a reputation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank janesw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Beverly Hills
Reviewed February 6, 2010

I must admit I was a bit worried after I read some of the online reviews of the Green Lantern Hotel, but my friend booked us anyway. I am glad he did. The woman who owns the place was very helpful. I bothered her many times about where to eat, discount lift tickets, how to log onto the wireless internet, etc. Violet was always there and able to help us. She was always friendly no matter how many times I bugged her. She even printed out some discount lift tickets coupons for us. Breakfast was always ready for as promised each morning.

The location is great. We walked to dinner at Harrahs. The gondola to Heavenly Valley is nearby, too.

The room was fine. It was clean and everything worked. True, it is not a 5 star hotel. I would not book the visiting Queen of England in it. But, I came to Tahoe to ski, not to spend a lot of time in my hotel room. My friend and I thought we got good value for our money, and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank MartyInLA
bay area
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I stayed at Green Lantern motel this past December for a few days. Our family was in Tahoe for a ski trip. I found this motel online and made a reservation by calling them direct. We stayed in the family suite that had two beds, sofa sleeper and refrigerator/microwave. The oversize jetted tub in the batroom worked really well after full day of skiing. Its within a very easy walk from Heavenly Gondola and Casinos. The room was huge and very clean. Overall a great stay. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Sacramento
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I’m Very upset. Its 2:00 Am one of the kids uses the toilet just to pee. It overflows. Calling the owner of the hotel and the first word are not, “I’m sorry” but a “What do you want me to do about it “ . So I ask - “it is 2 a.m., I got 3 sleeping people and toilet water all over the bathroom floor - what do you suggest?” - the response - “I can give you the room next door” WHAT PART OF 2AM AND SLEEPING KIDS DO YOU NOT GET? How about - gee I am sorry, I will be right up with towels and a plunger and how about 50% your bill. NOPE - its “Ma’am I gave you an option, if you do not take it, that is your problem, I’ll bring towels and a plunger but I will not provide any compensation. So I tell him - REALLY - DO you REALLY want that reputation all over the web? And the response - “If you are going to threaten me, you will be lucky if I bring you towels.” NOT KIDDING - he brings the towels and the plunger and does not even look me in the eye! Hands them to me at the door - does not even inspect the toilet! Do not EVER stay at the GREEN LANTERN in TAHOE - no matter how cheap - it is NOT WORTHTHE PRICE! So I FIXED the toilet - I should send him the plumbers bill!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank maderuf

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed September 8, 2008

We stayed in the motel and I would not stay here again. The walls were dirty, the pillows were old, and the window had no lock. The door has a big lock but the windows in the room are not secure. The shower had a small hole in the corner and some mold. The shower floor flexed when I moved around. The photos looked nothing like the dingy room we had. All I want is a simple room that is clean and secure and this motel did not meet those needs. The office staff is pleasant but that's the only plus.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of Security
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank myviewinCA
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Clean room but older. Noisy on this particular weekend. Room wasn't as spacious as we thought.

• Liked — Price was affordable
  • Disliked — The room was small and felt creepy because it was old.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tahohvn
San Francisco
Reviewed March 4, 2008

I rented the big suite. I was told there was a BBQ. It was not working. I was told there was a Flat Screen, also not working. This list goes on and on. The people that run this place are lyers and will try and cheat you out of every pennie. There are so many awsome places to stay in South Lake. Why stay here? Go somewhere else.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The Management
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank keetopur
#1 of 3 in Stateline
Blue Jay Lodge
Blue Jay Lodge
#44 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Green Lantern Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!