“Great stay at affordable price”

Green Lantern Inn & Suites
Ranked #53 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I stayed at Green Lantern motel this past December for a few days. Our family was in Tahoe for a ski trip. I found this motel online and made a reservation by calling them direct. We stayed in the family suite that had two beds, sofa sleeper and refrigerator/microwave. The oversize jetted tub in the batroom worked really well after full day of skiing. Its within a very easy walk from Heavenly Gondola and Casinos. The room was huge and very clean. Overall a great stay. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed April 6, 2009

I’m Very upset. Its 2:00 Am one of the kids uses the toilet just to pee. It overflows. Calling the owner of the hotel and the first word are not, “I’m sorry” but a “What do you want me to do about it “ . So I ask - “it is 2 a.m., I got 3 sleeping people and toilet water all over the bathroom floor - what do you suggest?” - the response - “I can give you the room next door” WHAT PART OF 2AM AND SLEEPING KIDS DO YOU NOT GET? How about - gee I am sorry, I will be right up with towels and a plunger and how about 50% your bill. NOPE - its “Ma’am I gave you an option, if you do not take it, that is your problem, I’ll bring towels and a plunger but I will not provide any compensation. So I tell him - REALLY - DO you REALLY want that reputation all over the web? And the response - “If you are going to threaten me, you will be lucky if I bring you towels.” NOT KIDDING - he brings the towels and the plunger and does not even look me in the eye! Hands them to me at the door - does not even inspect the toilet! Do not EVER stay at the GREEN LANTERN in TAHOE - no matter how cheap - it is NOT WORTHTHE PRICE! So I FIXED the toilet - I should send him the plumbers bill!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank maderuf
Reviewed September 8, 2008

We stayed in the motel and I would not stay here again. The walls were dirty, the pillows were old, and the window had no lock. The door has a big lock but the windows in the room are not secure. The shower had a small hole in the corner and some mold. The shower floor flexed when I moved around. The photos looked nothing like the dingy room we had. All I want is a simple room that is clean and secure and this motel did not meet those needs. The office staff is pleasant but that's the only plus.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank myviewinCA
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Clean room but older. Noisy on this particular weekend. Room wasn't as spacious as we thought.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tahohvn
Reviewed March 4, 2008

I rented the big suite. I was told there was a BBQ. It was not working. I was told there was a Flat Screen, also not working. This list goes on and on. The people that run this place are lyers and will try and cheat you out of every pennie. There are so many awsome places to stay in South Lake. Why stay here? Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank keetopur
Reviewed August 8, 2007

The rooms were clean, cheap and comfortable. The front desk was accomodating. It needs a few cosmetic updates to the rooms, but really... are you planning on spending THAT much time in the room? It's Lake Tahoe. The hotel was within walking distance to Stateline. We enjoyed the pool. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed March 2, 2007

The Green Latern is one of many crappy motels in South Lake. There is nothing that distinguishes it from the others. It's cheap and somewhat convenient, but I had an experience that should make anyone give pause before booking this place.

My wife, who was at home, tried to call me at 3am to let me know my son had a 104 fever. The "font desk", an Indian couple, presumably the owners, answered the phone and told he that they were sleeping and they wouldn't patch her through. My cell phone was dying so I needed to use the in-room phone. After my wife tried repeatedly, an a state of panic and explaining this was an emergency, these selfish people did not connect the call. Ultimately, my son had a febrial seisure and had to be taken to the hospital, while I sat in my car with the cell phone charger trying to calm my wife who was understandably histerical.

If you are going to own a hotel, you must accept the responsibility to care for your guests. People will call at all hours for various reasons. If there is a true emergency, it should be criminal to be so selfish. This is part of your business.

My plea to all Trip Advisor readers is to book any one of the million other cheap hotels in South Lake. Let this hotel know that they need to wake up and give some respect to their guests.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends