Green Lantern Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Coachman Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Alpenrose Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Avalon Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Rodeway Inn Casino Center(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
7 Seas Inn at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Lake Tahoe Ambassador Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Blue Jay Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Best Western Station House Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2013

First off, it's not all luxurious as it might sound. So, do set your expectation correct. :)

Me and my partner have been a frequent customer to Green Lantern since 2007, especially for those spontaneous trips up to Lake Tahoe on a last minute urge (and the most recent trip would be Aug 2013), Green Lantern is perfect for its location and a place to rest and freshen up. It's not some fancy boutique hotel, it's purely functional. But, for its location and price, we have no complaints. Yes, it is a bit run down, a li'l bit of maintenance and refurbishing might help, but then maybe the rate might get revised too (?)

I can tell this place really TRY to make things OK - the little breakfast/pantry area is perfect for a quick grab-n-go, again nothing fancy 'n such. It even has free wi-fi! So, again, if you're up in Lake Tahoe, and will be out doing things most of the time, and just need a place to freshen up and rest, this would be a good place with an OK rate. :)

Green Lantern, please do look into updating the property in any way you can think of. The reason being, there are more and MORE nice boutique inn coming up around your property and that's going to be big competition for you guys - just a little feedback from your loyal customer of 6 years.

Cheers! x

Room Tip: If you want good, strong free wifi signal, don't pick a room too far away from the main reception building.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here because I was meeting another family here. I wish I would have read the reviews beforehand. The room was so dirty we were afraid to put anything down on the floor. Kids refused to sleep in the beds so we used our sleeping bags. Bathroom door was warped and wouldn't shut. Shower door just about fell off and not very hot water. Stains on walls. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Createsalotv4
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Green Lantern Inn should be condemed. It was the worst place I have ever stayed. I would not even take a shower because it was so bad. No pool or beach access that I knew about. I think the people that own or work there live in the Honeymoon Suite. The walls were so thin I could hear the people in the next room turn on the water. I booked this room in advance for myself and daughter and another room for a couple that had just gotten married that day. I felt so bad for the couple that had just gotten married that they had to stay their honeymoon night in that disgusting room. The tile on the floor was peeling up. The ceiling was coming down. I paid $90 per room for the one night stay. When we got there I tried to find another room at least for the honeymoon couple but the town was booked. DO NOT stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joy A
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We booked a room here, along with another couple, a couple of months in advance, for Memorial Day weekend. It was super cheap and sometimes you do get what you pay for. I normally have good luck with priceline and this time I hit the whammy.

Room 305-King bed, downstairs, in the building with the washer and dryer. This building is not connected to the original motel building and is near the pool. At first glance, the room was fine for the price, I suppose. The bathroom window has no curtain and you can see right in at night. NOT ok. Also, the free wifi ONLY works in the main building connected to the office. No drunk facebooking for anyone in the outer buildings.

Bed was fairly comfortable, flat pillows. Bathroom fan super noisy, heater worked fine.

The hot tub here is not ok for people to use. Im serious. I am not a super picky traveler but I am definitely seasoned. If you choose to stay here, dont bother packing a suit. The pool is not much cleaner.

The motel was PACKED and someone broke the fire extinguisher glass at about 5 am. I called several hours later upon checkout and an hour later no one had come to clean the glass up. No one bothered about the crazy noise at 5am, either. I know, its Tahoe but this was over the top.

Our friends stayed in an upstairs room, 211, and would not stay here again. Neither will we. Their room had water damage and mold. Ours did not.

GOOD: You can walk to casinos, there is a taco stand about a block away that is pretty good.
Check in was very quick. This room has a view of a very comfy looking motel that we wish we could have stayed at. HOT water in the bathroom. Domino's delivers.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else. 305 is livable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found the Green Lantern a great place to sleep between skiing at Kirkwood and Heavenly. Paid $44.00. The place was clean and quiet on a thursday night, and walking distance to the Heavenly gondola. Nothing fancy but I will stay here again. I give it 5 stars for what I needed!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo