At first this looked like a charming, smaller hotel with tastefully decorated rooms, fully equipped kitchenette, and within walking distance to the casinos. Unfortunately sound insulation is non existent. We had a downstairs room and it sounded like a herd of elephants was stampeding in the room above. Any doors opening and closing on our floor created loud bangs. The bed was rock hard, the remote for the TV didn't work, and the breakfast consisted of packaged pastries and a banana. I could forgive most of this if this had been a cheaper hotel, but at $200 for the night (including tax to be fair), I was hoping for a more comfortable stay.
The staff were very pleasant and it does not give me any pleasure to give Alpenrose Inn only one star. Perhaps if we had an upstairs room it would have been better but this place did not provide good value for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alpenrose Inn is known for its great value in high quality lodging: exceptional customer service and delightful unique accommodations. It is cozy, quiet and clean! Located in a friendly neighborhood of tree-lined streets, the Inn has all the amenities to make your stay in Lake Tahoe memorable and relaxing. It's an easy stroll to the lake shore (beach, marina and restaurant), Heavenly Ski Resort and Village, Edgewood Golf Course, world-class casinos, dining, shopping and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Alpenrose Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenrose Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Motel Lake Tahoe