We (my husband and I and our two girls) stayed for three nights early January. This trip was mainly for some snow play for our daughters.
Great location! Close to Heavenly, shopping, restaurants, casinos.
Room was nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. The kitchenette was nice and convenient.
Cons - Unfortunately the walls were thin and for the first two nights our sleep was disrupted by the guest/person upstair who for whatever reason was walking around at all hours of the night. We heard loud footsteps all night :( Fortunately, on the last night we didn't hear a sound (guy must have checked out because we noticed a couple up there).
I sent two emails to the hotel to notify them of the issue with the noise but unfortunately I have yet to get a response almost two weeks later.
Due to the location we may possibly consider Alpenrose Inn for our next trip to Tahoe in the summer or next winter but I do worry the thin walls could be an issue again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alpenrose Inn is known for its great value in high quality lodging: exceptional customer service and delightful unique accommodations. It is cozy, quiet and clean! Located in a friendly neighborhood of tree-lined streets, the Inn has all the amenities to make your stay in Lake Tahoe memorable and relaxing. It's an easy stroll to the lake shore (beach, marina and restaurant), Heavenly Ski Resort and Village, Edgewood Golf Course, world-class casinos, dining, shopping and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Alpenrose Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenrose Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Motel Lake Tahoe