Alpenrose was our home base in South Lake Tahoe for three nights during a recent Sierra road trip, thanks to an unexpected change of plans, and it ended up being one of our best stops in two weeks, not just in terms of comfort, service and location but value as well.
We stayed upstairs in Black Forest, which was a 2 queen room with wet bar. There was a bit of foot noise occasionally from other visitors passing along the veranda en route to their own rooms but hardly enough to bother about.
Service was spot-on; the room was large, immaculate and comfortably appointed and although South Lake Tahoe could not exactly be described as pedestrian friendly (not enough street lights, lumpy sidewalks – take a flashlight at night!), we could easily walk to whatever we needed.
The property itself was meticulously maintained and presented, and we appreciated the professional, friendly, low-key vibe. These people know their stuff, and it shows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alpenrose Inn is known for its great value in high quality lodging: exceptional customer service and delightful unique accommodations. It is cozy, quiet and clean! Located in a friendly neighborhood of tree-lined streets, the Inn has all the amenities to make your stay in Lake Tahoe memorable and relaxing. It's an easy stroll to the lake shore (beach, marina and restaurant), Heavenly Ski Resort and Village, Edgewood Golf Course, world-class casinos, dining, shopping and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your Alpenrose Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenrose Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Motel Lake Tahoe