“Nice Views” 4 of 5 bubbles

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice Views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The views from the gondola are very nice, but be prepared to wait in line to purchase the ticket, then to wait in line again to get on the gondola. You will need to wait in a longer line to get on the gondola to come back down the mountain depending on the time-of-day and season. (Crowded ski days are the worst.)

Visited December 2012
1 Thank CA2Hawaii

Santa Clara
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I'm an Epic Pass holder, so I used the Gondola to get up to the slopes at Heavenly Ski Resort. I was in Tahoe for five days, so I was able to see how the traffic fluctuated day-to-day. Try to get your lift tickets beforehand, because on clear days during the holidays, expect to wait 30-45 minutes to get onto the gondola, if not longer. If you're patient, you'll be rewarded with a spectacular view of Lake Tahoe.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Zuhair S
Sedona, Arizona
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fun day on the mountain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Has great views both while on the goldola as well as the top. Stops up about 2/3 of the way to the top for a special viewing area. At the top, there is a mountain slide on innertubes that the kids will love. You can get a ticket for the ride plus lunch at the top. Remember it is sunny at the top and you can sunburn easily. Wear sunscreen. In the summer, the sun is warm but it can be cool in the shade.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank BeautifulArizona
Cairns, Australia
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“What a view....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Spectacular views... just do it!! This was a fantastic family experience. The first stop was an observation deck and needless to say the views were awesome. Take a jacket. We went in mid-september and it was chilly on the observation deck. The next stop was at the basin where the lodge is located. There were activities for kids (paid) and a playground (free). We also paid for the ski lift ride to the top of the mountain. Again, fantastic views. We did not do any trails, we just soaked in the beautiful surroundings.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank AJG35
San Francisco, California
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Amazing Views! So glad I went in spite of my height phobia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We decided to take the gondola ride even though I have difficulties with heights. Am so glad I did! The ride was not scary as I thought. Get off at the platform about half way up on the ascent, since it does not stop there on the way down, because that is where the most gorgeous views are. They have set up a very nice observation deck with tables and chairs that even I was able to enjoy. There is a gift shop that also sells beverages and souvenirs. I had left my bottle of water on the ticket counter down below and went into the shop to pay an outrageous sum for another bottle. THEN I noticed that there was a water dispenser outside the shop on the platform. There is also a snack shop around the other side of the platform. Didn't buy anything there so can't comment. We paid the additional $8 for the gondola ride/lunch combo ticket for the Tamarack Lodge at the next stop up the mountain which was a nice savings. We did continue on up to the Lodge. Nice alpine setting and lovely LEED certified building. Food was very good (including gluten free bread options!). Don't expect Taco Bell prices, but definitely not outrageous. The savings from the combo ticket helped. Nice bar as well. Got a Starbucks coffee with "flavorings" that you don't find at Starbucks. ;^) All in all it was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon at Tahoe. It was warm the day we went, but suggest strongly that you anticipate cooler temps then at the basin and take along a jacket or sweater.

Visited September 2012