“We'll be back for sure!”

3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Jacksonville, FL
“We'll be back for sure!”
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We came out to South Lake Tahoe to unwind and do some skiing for a couple days. After reading through a ton of reviews and not really seeing any hotels in the area that impressed me, I decided to give 3 Peaks a chance. I was skeptical because of the extremely low mid-week price, but the reviews were pretty good. We really love it here and already can't wait to come back. The front desk staff are very helpful and friendly, the rooms have a cute lodge feel and the beds are so comfy (pillowtop with another layer of memory foam - LOVE), and the huge double hot tub is amazing after a day of skiing! We also love that it's pet friendly! Convenient to shopping and a grocery store, Heavenly gondola, buses to Sierra (where we went skiing), and less than a block away you'll find Taqueria Jimenez with $1 street tacos! You can walk to the casinos. Great location, comfortable and affordable accommodations - we don't see any reason to stay anywhere else when we come back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gwencorso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Hebrew first
St. Helena, California
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Great room, king size super comfortable bed, full living room and kitchen with all the amenities. Walking distance to the Gondola, Casinos, etc. Staff was friendly and helpful. Double Decker hot tub. Exceeded my expectations for the amount we paid/night.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I had a great time here. You can walk to Heavenly village, the casino and tons of restaurants and shopping. The rooms were clean and Matthew who works in the lobby was great with helping us find a great place to eat. Give Lewmarnel a try. It is a super short walk from the hotel and they have really good food. I didn't bring my dog this time but I will when I come back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Keyes, California
Reviewed January 23, 2011

This was the 2nd time that we stayed at this super nice hotel, and we did it again because the 1st time we fell so much comfort, so quiet that it invite you came back.
the bed was so nice, the tub ecxelent, the cleaness of the carpet and the bathroom was perfect, the personal very nice, the heated pool great, maybe a little to hot this time.... but overall it was very good, and im going to try the suit pretty soon!............

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I grade all hotels on a curve based on price, and considering we paid $40 midweek this was a steal. We stayed in their basic room which was quite large. the windows are well insulated though as others have mentioned the walls are thin and we did hear upstairs neighbours. the hot tub is very large and warm and we had no problem with the internet. the major complaint is that considering it hasn't snowed in over 2 weeks in tahoe, there is no excuse for not having the driveway shovelled. Overall this is good clean place, that seems to recognize they can keep good business by keeping the prices low.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Great stay got there really nice @ check in this was my first time in tahoe and I'm going back next week and I'm staying at 3 peaks resort its affordable especially when you have to drop 180 just for a list for 2 people plus 100 to rent equipment. If your looking to have a great time in tahoe this is the place to stay I was only going to stay 1 day and stayed an extra day because of the service. I've stayed in hotels in big bear kirkwood bear valley thing that tahoe wouldn't be as good and this is my new snow vacation spot beds make you feel @ home and rooms doesn't make it feel like a hotel... see you guys next week I'm booking my room Saturday.. thanks 3 peaks resort

• Stayed January 2011
Mountain View, California
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I went here for a two-day getaway with the significant other in order to have some time away from the hustle bustle of the Bay Area. I was looking for an area close the lake and a wooden fireplace as well. The lady at the front desk was very nice and the room we had, 508, was large and also very neat and had the fireplace and all. The room was a little poorly ventilated and had a lot of the smokey smell to it, which was understandable.

There's a kitchenette with pots, pans, knives and forks and a decent sized refrigerator. I was disappointed that there wasn't a view of the lake, and the mountain was hard to see as well. I guess this area is best suited for people who come home from a long day skiing, which we did not do.

You can buy splits of wood from Raley's across the street for about $8. I think for the amenities and the location the price could be slightly cheaper than the $150 a night we paid.

Wireless was rather slow at best, but we hadn't come here for that either :D

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple